Pages

Followers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Apricot P64

Linking up with Project 64 for this week's colour challenge.

project64 button




I can't remember whether we're in week 6 or 7....it matters not, but this week's colour, apricot seems to be the trickiest thus far.  It's all good....it's a box of 64, so there's bound to be winners and losers, colours you can readily find and those that are elusive.  I imagine apricot might be easier to find if I was vacationing on the isle of St. Croix-I need to put that thought right out of my mind cause it ain't happening.

Just the other day I found apricot accidentally at a local Farm Store, closed for the season.  After the Christmas tree and wreath sales die out, they shut down until spring blossoms beckon.  This wispy, yet stubborn hydrangea was my target, but the building in the backdrop looks apricot enough for me.

Apricot Farm

Looking forward to seeing all the other takes on apricot this week.  I'm sure it was right under my nose and I just missed it.

14 comments:

Rose said...

I think the wisps make the photo quite pretty. I love the color of the farm store...good job finding apricot.

Karen said...

I agree, the farm store looks apricot to me. Elusive is a great word for this color. I signed up knowing it would be a challenge and this week certainly was!

Jamie said...

This was a hard one - but you found a great example

Danelle said...

I love your edit, and the texture. Beautiful!

Miss Becky said...

this is one of my favorites of your photos. I clicked, but alas, it isn't one of those that enlarges. drats. I like this photo a whole lot.

Carletta said...

It looks apricot to me too and I love this shot!
Nice DOF.

Kamana said...

i like this snowy scene :)

Kristin said...

I really like this photo - I think it captures apricot really well!

Brooke said...

Very nice use of texture and a great find! I love that the building in the background is apricot! A hard color to find for sure, thanks for linking up with project64!

Tiffany said...

Great picture!


~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Scrappy Grams said...

Love it!

Anne U said...

Saw your pic on project 64, great shot.

Susan said...

What a great find!

And Lily Makes Three said...

Thsi is beautiful...love the texture.