Over the past few weeks and months I've received 4....(yes 4, I can hardly believe it) blogger awards from blogger friends out there on the blogger land trail. Wow. I am blessed. And to think I thought I'd just be rambling on and no one would listen. This is just more proof how wrong I was.
I'm feeling a little badly because I haven't responded to the awards, haven't done what I'm supposed to do with the awards, haven't thanked the individuals who sent the awards, haven't made a list of whatever it is I'm supposed to "fess up" to and post; I've just sort of left the awards on simmer in the back of my mind. When award number 4 arrived earlier this week that's when I said: "Self. This award business needs to be attended to." Today is the day to acknowledge, thank, and pass them on.
My four wonderful admirers are:
These lovely awards fill my heart with a sense of being heard, seen, and appreciated. They come with a variety of "rules" so I'm going to apply a little summing up and averaging out to fill my obligations.
Here are 9 things about me. Some of these make me happy, inspired, feel stylish, or show my versatility.
1. I love ice cream. I am happy to eat it in any season and in weather hot or cold. I will trade eating a healthy dinner for having an ice cream almost any time.
2. I'm really starting to believe that pets mirror our personalities. Those that have come and gone through my life have displayed a sense of where I'm at in my life's journey. Right now I have timid and affectionate....before that I had zestful and impulsive, and prior to that confused and crabby. Just reflecting.
3. I can spend hours oohing and ahing over other blogger's amazing photographs. I never seem to tire of it. I am constantly inspired by what I'm seeing.
4. I think sporting new jeans, cool sneaks, a simple solid colored shirt and sunglasses is my version of stylish.
5. I'm a girl that likes numbers, math, and football....what a weirdo.
6. I can spend more time procrastinating than it takes to accomplish the task I'm putting off.
7. Living near the ocean is one of life's bonuses that I appreciate more and more the older I get.
8. If you met me in person you'd never know I'm very shy.
9. I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. Any ideas?
There's a part of me today that's reminded of the chain letters I used to receive as a school girl where you were to duplicate the letter (by hand back in the day) and send it to 6 friends, and send the person at the top some token, potholder, postcard, etc. Then you'd put your name at the bottom of the list and you were then to get 36 of these "tokens" back. And in capital letters there was the warning: DO NOT BREAK THE CHAIN. Hmmmm. I never did get any tokens, dishtowels, potholders, postcards, or lottery tickets in the mail. Jus sayin'....
In that spirit I offer any of these awards to any of you who were so kind to read this lengthy post with minimal photographs. Thank you. I have been and continue to be inspired by so many blogs I visit. I am touched with the kindness that comes through in the comments I receive and blown away by the lives that are recorded in these blog spaces and this community of sharing. I sincerely invite you to help yourself as thanks from me. If you don't take one, you'll break the chain.....
All you have to do is:
Thank me and provide a link back
Share however many things you'd like to about yourself or what inspires you.
And send on the love to another blogger who might appreciate it or need a lift.
I think it's a great idea for someone just getting started in blogging. Someone who thinks no one will read or care what they think. Someone who needs to be heard.
Have a lovely day.