Pages

Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Indigo P64

Stopping by at Project 64 for my entry for Indigo for this week's color challenge.  Thanks to the hostesses for providing such a fun challenge.

project64 button





Fessing up that I went to Walmart and bought a box of 64 to help myself get a better grasp on the color of the week.  Only $2.97 for the box-and I got the very last one.  Must be a run on crayons this winter.  I didn't know that there's a box of 96-holy schmoly.  I remember when getting the 16 pack was a big deal over the traditional 8 pack.  The mega 64 wasn't even worth suggesting to Mom to purchase-that was just too extravagant.  Hmmmm.

I love blue.  My favorite color.  I looked long and hard for indigo, and took photos, but nothing that provided any pi-zazz in my mind.  While looking through the photos I took over the past week tho, I found this shot from last Friday night that best fits the challenge-and I like the photo too.
Winter Treat
Winter Treat

An indigo colored sky is something I like to admire.  It happens at that twilight time between dusk and total nightfall.  While I didn't capture that, I did get this shot over a tidal water inlet just after sunset.  Above the pretty pinks, the clouds in the sky look indigo to me.

Looking forward to the next colour.

15 comments:

Genny~Lynn said...

Beautiful Picture!!

Side by Side said...

Gorgeous capture. What an amazing sunset.

lisa said...

Oh yes, this is indigo Susan!!! and so very, very beautiful!
I remember the 64 as my favorite Christmas gift each year!!

Scrappy Grams said...

Your indigo took my breath away!

Cat said...

very pretty indigo capture!

Carol Blackburn said...

Another great shot, Susan.

Simone said...

This really is gorgeous, what beautiful shades of indigo. I have decided I need a box too, as matching up some of these is a difficult task!!

Our Journey As One said...

Just stunning! Thanks for joining us at project64.

Jen said...

Beautiful shot! I too am planning a run to walmart tomorrow to grab a box of crayons!

Jamie said...

I love this time of day!

When did they come up with a box of 96? I have a feeling I'm going to be making a purchase so I can see the colors.

Carletta said...

Stunning!
Love the sky, the reflection, the colors!

Miss Becky said...

I'm really out of the loop regarding crayon colors and numbers. now I want to get me a box. your indigo entry is splendid! I like the irregular reflections and the silhouette of the trees. beautiful light too.

Brooke said...

I almost condsidered doing the 96 count box, but all those crazy neon colors would of ended up a crazy mess for me I'm sure! This indigo entry is beautiful! Thanks for linking up!

LisaF said...

This is a lovely shot! The colors and contrast are amazing.

Spittin Toad said...

Wow - That is so lovely!! I bought a box of crayons at Walmart to! :)
Denise