Pages

Followers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Relational Triple Play

Linking up with Faith at Simplicity, Laura at Blogging From Bolivia, and Maegen for the Sunday Creative.  Three fabulous blogs to check out....hosted by three lovelies.

The Sunday Creative

I don't usually combine my posts, but today it just made perfect sense.  I do love me my macro/close-up shots courtesy of Laura....adding them to Faith's vintage theme and Maegen's extent prompt.....well it's all just a pretty little unrelated package that somehow is working in a relational way.  There  I did it.  I actually used the word relational in a sentence.  My best friend will be so proud.  She's big on relational, and I'm working on the growth thing.  All in good time.

Here are my photos that make this work:

Old Keys

I know there are ways to make photos look vintage with textures and such....unfortunately I've yet to figure out what the recipe for that is. Thankfully I found these vintage keys extending from an entry door while I was out yesterday.  Later I added a Kim Klassen texture that had the word vintage as part of it's name hoping I was on the right track.  Kim wouldn't lead me astray...that's for damn sure.

I really love it when the things I need to fulfill prompts and challenges just appear.  And even more wonderful, I didn't look at the keys and think..."oh this is vintage extending from a doorway I'll take a close-up"...I just got jazzed 'cause it seemed like a cool shot and later realized how relational it was.  I love that.  I'm such a photo nerd-but I'm going with that.  The sooner we all realize that we're all nerds the easier it is to march on.  I'm way off course here, but thanks for listening.

One

We've had a LOT of winter weather this year (bitch, moan, $%&@*, blah) but there are benefits.  Yesterday the sun was shining and I took another wonderful ski in the afternoon.  I left myself just enough time to shoot some photos in the last hour of light in the afternoon.  This pretty icicle was extending from the branch of a pretty snow-covered Maine Christmas tree.  Too pretty not to catch.  It isn't vintage, but it's fulfilling my other two photo needs.

Please feel somewhat sainted if you've read all I blabbered on about today.  Much appreciated and have a great day.

23 comments:

Tezzie said...

Haha! I love your comment about us all being nerds and the sooner we realize it, the better off we'll be :D Too true, in my opinion!

What a gorgeous vintage photo! I love old keys like that (in fact, I think I even have a photo of one that is verrry similar!) Even that icicle is stunningly pretty...so clear and perfectly captured <3

ToadMama said...

Gorgeous shots. I love your icicle.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are beautiful - I love the first shot.

kbreints said...

The key shot is wonderful!

Rosie said...

What great shots, Susan! That vintage key is so amazing!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

However you came about pushing the shutter button on the camera or your thoughts behind it they are totally wonderful.

Mommy2Four said...

what gorgeous shots! So great!

Marla said...

I love that first shot. Beautiful. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. I've been noticing some pretty gigantic iciles around here lately.

Scrappy Grams said...

I have vintage keys, but no beautiful vintage door and lock (live in mobile home), love the shot!

Kristy said...

Very cool vintage keys! Love your edits!

Joan said...

Both are beautiful.
Heading to Boston this upcoming week...I'm sure I will be seeing some icicles too. I plan to pack heavily!

Maegan Beishline said...

What a cool vintage key! I love your visual and intellectual perspectives! {oooo...I think I just thought of next week's prompt! :)}

prag said...

Love that icicle shot. I was out today watching the ice flotilla slowly falling off the roof. A wonderful photo--but only in my mind's eye. Paula Wall

Coffee Break Mama said...

They are both beautiful - I think my favorite is the key shot though. Something mysterious about keys and locks that I just love :)

bettyl said...

Awesome photos!! Wow.

satori-image.com said...

Oh I love the textures and colors in the keys.. fantastic shot!

ostranderblog said...

LOL it was well worth the relational read ;) I do love the photos that went with your tale. Very fun!

Ray said...

I love the first photo!

Faith said...

I REALLY love that first photo.

Faith said...

Your photo was picked for Top 5 for my Vintage Photography challenge!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Oh those keys look so great - and congratulations on being picked for top 5 in the vintage theme and congratulations on winning Macro Friday last week aswell. Girl you are on a roll!! :) :) :)

Janice said...

Wonderful photos! Congrats on your Macro Friday win.