Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Scavenging 173, 174/365

Sunday, Sunday....time for Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ashley's Ramblings and Photos.  Check 'em out.





Not feeling much excitement regarding my scavenger items this week.  I'm always so surprised by the sweet comments you all make.  I was actually happy to have a little list in my pocket with something to look for to spur me on.  My creativity with the camera is set to blah-blah-blah.  Winter blues still, but shooting on.  This morning I needed to zip to the grocery for a few items and ended up taking photos of the pre-arranged flower bouquets in the chilly grocery lobby in a desperation move for colour infusion.  I need a fix.

This week I was searching for: Chocolate, Numbers, Canned Food, Music, and Stack.  Here's what I found out on the trail.

Annie's Hearts {173/365}

{173/365} Chocolate:  Can I just say that I work with the BEST secretary of all time?  On Valentine's Day she brought in this plateful of beautiful Valentine cookies surrounded by heart shaped chocolates.  If you think any cookies or candy remain.....ah, NOT.  Thank you Annie.

50 Local

Numbers:  I shared a similar photo on my Weekend Reflections post.  This one however shows the numbers in focus rather than the street reflections.  A window from "Local 50" a downtown restaurant that features local foods from a 50 miles radius.  Cool window designs too.

Chicken Soup

Canned Food:  Chicken soup, of course.  I use very few canned goods, so snagged this shot in the grocery this morning.  Since they now shelve soup sideways-I wonder when Campbells will change the direction of their labels.  Might be a graphic design opportunity here....jus' sayin'.

CD Diptych

Music:  This was the toughest item for me this week.  I'm trying to keep music pushed to the far back burner of my life these days-for sanity sake.  I did have these blank CDs (music could go on them) on my counter and noted the cool red stripe in the morning and the awesome shadow in the afternoon.

Stacked {174/365}

{174/365} Stack:  I love all the lines and patterns in this shot.  The pavilion and picnic tables are ready....just got to  lose that 2+ feet of snow on the ground so we can get in there and join them.

23 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

What a lovely concept for a restaurant.. and I love its windows. :)

I was actually thinking that I love the lines in the last photo before I read your caption.

Wonderful shots!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. Take heart, Spring is just around the corner, or so I've heard. Hmmm, then again, you can't believe everything you hear, now can you?

deb duty said...

I love your numbers shot. Such a cool window and your photo is so pretty with the street reflection.

Becki said...

Great shots, the chocolate looks delicious ;)

Ashley said...

very cool numbers shot! I love it!! :)

Miss Becky said...

yeah, I love the lines in the last photo. and the warmth of the wood. I like that numbers photo a whole lot too! your scavenger hunts are one of my favorites of yours Susan. you make it so much fun. have a beautiful day!

Randy said...

These shots are amazing. Excellent choices for each. Have a great day!

Simone said...

Your numbers photo is just wonderful and I am in awe of what you can do with some tinned food! It is amazing how great a few simple items can look!

Kindred Spirit said...

Your numbers shot is very cool! I also like your canned food :)

Rosie said...

I love your interpretations, Susan, great photos!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I love that tinned food shot the best along with that lovely scene at the end - I had to laugh when I saw yet another tin of campbells soup - it sure is popular in the USA

fiddlehead said...

Even when your feeling the winter blues, these shots are amazing. I love your eye and style. That stacked shot is so unique and cool.

*Simply Colette* said...

Very creative! Love your numbers and stack.

http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com
http://www.photographygetaways.com

Ian said...

The numbers is my favorite. Cool restaurant, cool image, it could be an ad for them!

Tezzie said...

Are you KIDDING me?! These are all incredible captures, and seemingly full of inspiration! Especially love the CD shots...and the cool shape of the pavillion roof. (and, those cookies...YUM!...awesome coworker, indeed :D)

Ashley Sisk said...

That numbers shot is such a winner - love the reflection.

Scrappy Grams said...

That cookie dipped in coffee...yum! I don't know why, but I do like numbers as art. Like the comparison of the CDs, morning & afternoon.

Brooke said...

You always come up with the greatest stuff!!!! I am diggin the numbers shot and the stack one is AWESOME too :D Great stuff!!!

SarahinSC said...

Your stack shot is so original. Love it! Winter blahs are going around, I've heard. It's nice where I'm at, but know it's cold about everywhere else.

Faith said...

LOVE love love your numbers shot! Very creative :)

lisa said...

I love these Susan!
I think all of us who have experienced this winter are feeling a little blah right now. Hopefully spring will come soon!

justine said...

love your numbers and you have made tin cans look fantastic, what a great collection and how lovely to have cookies given to you!

Carletta said...

Love the chocolate shot!
My grocery still stacks them upright but changing the label probably won't be far away.
Love the focus of this shot - nice work!