Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 162/365

Time to connect with Ashley for this week's scavenger hunt Sunday.





I'm trying to get in an early and quick post today because......ta da.....the sun is out, it's going up to maybe near 40 today, it's low tide, and my sweet dog is definitely over-due for a romp on the beach.  Priorities straight she says.

This week's items were: Water, Quote, Window, Activity, and Page 25 from a Magazine

Drop {162/365}


{162/365} Water:  No shortage of icicles around here this week.  I found some one afternoon where I could get right up close.  Pretty cool catch I think and there are even some little reflections in the droplet.

Free Lunch

Quote:  There are mixed thoughts as to who authored this quote.  It's something my 9th grade science teacher referred to as an explanation for most anything.  It's about all I can remember from his class.  At least it's something.

Inside the Pharmacy

Window:  I try to bring my camera almost everywhere.  So I'm standing in the pharmacy waiting nicely for the 4 people ahead of me in line when I start playing. (I think I's got me a smidge of the ADHD.) It worked out.  It was also at the pharmacy where I found those icicles dangling from the porch too....I'll keep looking like a photo nerd dragging the DSLR around if I continue to have some successes.


Toy Top

Activity:  A display of wooden tops at the local mom and pop.  I tried to get it spinning for action, but rather liked the top at rest better....all spun out.

Hot Sauce-page 25

Page 25/Magazine:  I loved the thought of this as an item to hunt for.  Unfortunately in my personal tight economy magagzines are a luxury.  I don't have any.  I found a few at work-boring.  Finally decided on this page 25 from a restaurant guide-it had no photos-so I decided to liquify the info about where to get the best "hot sauces" in Maine.  Kind of fun.  Can't wait to see what others got.

23 comments:

Style Attic said...

The quote and the window shots turned out wonderful! I love them both :)

urban muser said...

enjoy the warmer weather and your walk on the beach!!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

That icicle with water drop is just awesome. I get some strange looks too when I'm out with my camera - sometimes I'll rush the shot too much when I think I am getting too much attention.

I had thought of doing something creative with my magazine shot and I really like how yours turned out.

Anika said...

Love it! Your quote image made me smile (and chuckle) and your water image is beautiful...really lovely.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love the water shot. hell, I loved them all, but that one was awesome

SarahinSC said...

That icicle is beautiful! love the colors that come through it. Cool hot sauce!

deb duty said...

Enjoy your outing with your dog. Sounds like so much fun! I love your water shot and the window one is great too.

Laloofah said...

That icicle with the its melted water droplet suspended in mid-air is just brilliant! It's a prize-winner for sure!

Was it Mr. Wells who'd spout the pithy "no free lunch" quote? Sounds like him. :-)

Enjoy your outing with Tula! We're in Day #2 of blizzard conditions, but we had some nice weather last week and the girls and I were able to enjoy some good hikes, so we don't mind being cozy again.

Tezzie said...

Great job on the water droplet! I tried, in vain, to do something similar...will have to try again once the ice and snow starts to melt this year :D I love the quote, as well...funny...I can almost hear your teacher quoting that about things that have nothing to do with lunch :D

kbreints said...

LOVE the water shot! So great!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan....hope you and Tula got out for a romp. Sun is out here too and melting the driveway nicely (we did shovel most of it first though).

Melissa said...

Your shots are very creative and beautiful. You have inspired me to go outside and shoot some icicles! P.S. Keep taking your DSLR everywhere with you, it's working!

Marla said...

I love your icicle shot.

I brought my camera with me into the grocery store today. My husband was like- "Why are you bringing that?" Lol.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Angela said...

I love your take on water, so beautiful and what a great capture!

julie said...

GREAT water shot - just awesome! Love your creative take on page 25!! :)

Michelle said...

Enjoy your nice weather. I really like your icicle and photo and the top. Great job!

Simone said...

What a great hunt! Your icicle is stunning and I absolutely love what you have done with the window shot, so interesting!!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great - love your quote shot. I forget what they're called now but I used to love to eat them.

Pam Bowers said...

Great shots. I love love love your water shot.

Mommy2Four said...

Your quote shot is great! Gotta love Spaghetti O's !

Gretchen said...

All great shots! Love your window and water shots... the water droplet is perfect!

Carletta said...

The drop and the light in the icicle shot - stunning!

Phoenix Peacock said...

the water and activity shot are really great!!!