Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Scavenger

Linking up with Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Thanks Ashley...always enjoy the search. 




I had sort of an uninspired photography week.  I didn't shoot as many photos as usual, though I did shoot at least a few everyday. I'm hearing others say the winter blues have them rather dragging photographically too.  I guess I'm joining that parade....and need to get creative.  There must be colour somewhere.

I have seen some beautiful flowers, shoots and things popping through the earth on some of my fellow bloggers sites, so I know there's hope under that solidly frozen 2 feet of snow still occupying my everywhere view.

This weeks items were:  Shadows, Patterns/Repetition, Bright White, Strong, and Warmth.

Antique
Shadows:  The sun made an appearance a couple days this week.  Early one morning I stopped at an antique store closed for the season.  They had a few things outdoors frozen into the snow including this pretty flower pot holder.  The sun was hitting it just right for a pretty snap.

Top of the Street
Patterns/Repetition:  This photo seems full of all kinds of interesting patterns, lines, and repetitions.....and dirty snow.

Divided {167/365}
Bright White:  A dusting of heavy snow one morning made for some lovely photo ops.  A view over the bridge railing with this contrast of black and bright white caught my eye.


Delicate Shadows
Strong:   I zipped down to the harbor one morning and noted all the lobster boats, little row boat skiffs, and ice at the salty water's edge.  I can't imagine being a lobsterman during winter's cold months.  This is a local fish/lobster wharf...it's pilings locked into the icy brine below.  Takes strength to be in this line of work. 
 This one was the toughest scavenger item for me this week. I'm eager to see what others have for strong. 


Last Tree
Warmth:  Sunsets, even in the winter feel warm to me.  Confessing that this is from mid-January;  a photo that I've never shared, but really love.  I enjoyed a beautiful sunset while driving on Friday late afternoon....driving safely, with no camera....When I see a beautiful sunset like this it makes me think that nothing will ever go wrong or be difficult again.  If that was only true.

Thanks for taking a peek at my interpretations....looking forward to a little more inspiration next week and wondering what Ashley's list will have on it to rev up my creativity.

13 comments:

kbreints said...

Beautiful Bright White shot! I love it!

Buckeroomama said...

Your Bright White is beautiful; I love the contrast of the white against the black! I LOVE your sunset shot, too. :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

I loved each and every one of those photos. You could fill a book with shots like those. Great job.

Ashley Sisk said...

Wonderful shots but that warmth shot is a standout. Love it!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Bright white is breathtaking! Wow.

Miss Becky said...

you eye leads you to beauty and depth and you never fail to find it. my favorite is the first - the warmth in that glow is remarkable. and lovely shadow. and the sunset silhouette is resplendent. when I look at your photos I always want to go back to them and look more. because there's more there to see than first meets the eye. and you do that all the time with your photos. I love it. I believe it's a gift. have a beautiful day Susan. and thanks for the lift up in your comments to me. they mean so much coming from you dear one.

Michelle said...

Beautiful bright white!

Christine said...

Really love your strong and warmth shots, very nice job!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. :)

Carletta said...

Love your shadow shot!
I also love the bright white snowy one. :)

Carletta@Round The Bend

Mad Mind said...

I love your strong and warmth shots. They are absolutely breathtaking.

Brooke said...

What! You had a bad week with your camera - huh?!? I love these. That bright one is fantastic.

Cat said...

wow, strong and warmth are my faves. I just found out about this fun weekly photography challenge. I may just take it on this week!