Pages

Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sunset 180/365

Linking up with Lisa for the Creative Exchange.  Beautiful artistic photos are always in season at the Creative Exchange.  Click through and see for yourself.





While winter still has a good cold grip, to my delight the days are getting longer.  If I really hurry out of the office at the end of the work day and I'm lucky I can catch a smidge of light still in the sky.  My mother recently asked me what the point of shooting sunsets was....."Does one not look just like the other?"  "Do you not tire of seeing them after awhile?"  I guess the answer to this requires a thoughtful breath and a smile.  She is totally right and totally wrong at the same time.

On the Hill


Laudholm Sunset


Old Shack {180/365}
{180/365}


Last of Day

7 comments:

lisa said...

So glad you do not tire of seeing sunsets Susan!!
These are so beautiful. The blues are just heavenly!

Thank you so much for sharing these today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful day.

lisa.

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh, no... they're all unique & I love the end of the day when the sun is setting... I have a special place I drive to after work high on a hill where I can get unobstructed shots of sunsets... I love shooting them... the colors are different & the clouds are always in different positions & shapes... =)

Fantastic captures, especially the last 2... my faves! =)

angelcel said...

Nope. She is all wrong. Each an every sunset, as you well know, is entirely different. Not all are spectacular but, my goodness, if you regularly take the chance you will catch the absolute best. (And isn't that a metaphor for life)?

Your images are just so beautiful. I think the light in the first is heavenly and I have a soft spot for winter tree silhouettes. So very pretty. :)

Pat said...

These are all beautiful images! I especially like the tree-enwrapped shed.

ToadMama said...

I'm with you on the sunsets. I love your first picture best.

Scrappy Grams said...

I'm sorry, Susan's mom, I too never tire of shooting the sky in the morning and in the evening. I could do an entire scrapbook of sunrises and sunsets. In fact, I probably will as soon as I get years and years photos of family put into albums. I do enjoy it!

LisaF said...

I'm 1,000% with Scrappy Grams above. I NEVER tire of seeing or shooting sunsets. Yours are lovely. I really like the one with the tree in the foreground.