Pages

Followers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking up with James at Newtown Area Photo for weekend reflections.  Thank you James....love your photos.

I've been really trying to look for reflections since becoming a regular poster to James' weekend reflections.  It has made me aware of how many reflections I've missed in the past.  Oh well...you can only move forward. 

One afternoon I took my timid dog Tula for a walk in Portland.  The walk was a huge mistake as something spooked her and she was dragging me because she was so stressed out.  The redeeming part of the event was the photos I was able to grab.  It is very hard to shoot when the dog at the end of the leash is yanking, but I managed a few winners.  Thank goodness for the arbitrary "straightening" on my Photoshop.  It cures a lot of dog yanking mistakes.

Hope you like the reflections that Tula and I found. 

Bridge Reflections

I made the poor dog walk even further because I could see the reflections under this bridge and I wanted them.  How lucky to catch the red 18-wheeler in reflection too.

Double Reflections

I love these double reflections...the clouds in the sky and this odd double post leaning out of the water.


Cranes on Break

I put Tula back in the car and went back to get this shot.  I thought these cranes were really cool.  The bridge is being expanded and from this vantage point you can see the work barges on the bay.

Thanks for taking a look at my reflections....have a great weekend.

18 comments:

'Tsuki said...

My favourite is the second one : I love the texture of the sky reflecting on the water in this pink soft way... Lovely.

Malyss said...

Very beautyful and impressive serie!Like Tsuki, i love the second one!

James said...

I do like these. I particularly drawn to the middle reflection.

lisa said...

These are fantastic Susan!!
I especially love the last one. Perfect reflections!
Have a wonderful weekend.

lisa.

Rosie said...

These are really wonderful reflections, Susan!

Miss Becky said...

this is WOW time Susan. that first image is magnificent! they are all really great but that one is so outstanding to me. that you could capture anything with a yanking doggie on one arm is amazing, and I know just what you're talking about. my dog used to do that very same thing! but we love them dearly anyway. have a great weekend Susan! and keep warm!!!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic reflections, Susan! The middle one is my favorite, love the colors reflected in the water! It is hard to do sometimes with the doggies, isn't it! Sam just doesn't seem to understand that I have to hold the camera still???? But we have fun anyway! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

cieldequimper said...

Really nice shots, especially the second one!

Serendipity said...

Great reflections! I too like the second one best :-)

Scrappy Grams said...

I'm drawn to the 2nd one also; I think because of the post. To me it looks like a boomerang in the sky!

Kay L. Davies said...

Okay, it's probably unanimous, #2 is my favorite, too - probably because the pink and gray cloud reflections really add something to the sight of those two posts.
All great shots, though.
And I agree, it can be so difficult using a camera while walking a dog. For some reason, my husband can get our dog to sit and stay while he takes photos, but she will not sit still for me. She'll sit, but then she gets right up again, as if to say, "That's enough, now let's go."
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Carol Blackburn said...

Nice shots, Susan. I will be in that very area tomorrow afternoon. Mike and I are taking our grandson Jacob to see BLUE MAN GROUP at Merrill Auditorium. Jacob is going to be so surprised. We told him he was going to see Disney Princess On Ice and he cringed. His exact words were "don't even think of it!" LOL

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice! I really like the reflection of the cranes...

Barbara said...

Wonderful reflections, my favourite is the one with the clouds and the post, beautiful.

Francisca said...

Three stellar reflection shots... but I join the majority crowd in choosing #2 for the colors. You may also want to link this with Sunday Bridges.

Francisca said...

PS. I meant to also say that joining this meme has made me more conscious of reflections and how much fun it is capturing them!

Tezzie said...

Lovely reflections! (and can't help but to smile about the 'poor dog'...if you only knew how my dog would love to be taken for a walk, you'd smile too!)

I've left a little award for you over at my place:
http://notalwayspictureperfect.blogspot.com/2011/02/great-blogging.html

Simone said...

What brilliant reflections. They are so beautiful. The water must have been incredibly still! Enjoyed reflecting on your reflections!!!