Pages

Followers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking up with James over at Newtown Area Photo for this week's weekend reflections.  Check out some gorgeous reflections from all over the world.

Went out yesterday into the cold, but sunny morning air to capture a few reflections for my post.  Can't wait to be able to stay out in the cold more than 10 minutes without having to jump back in the car for a finger warm up.

After Sunrise

I was hoping there might be sea smoke yesterday as it was about 10 degrees when I headed out, but I think it was too warm (imagine that) or perhaps the water temperature has dropped.  I do like these reflections I caught on the peninsula across the water.

Talking

In Dock Square, Kennebunkport nothing was happening.  This was the only other soul I saw.  He didn't see me though....too busy explaining something on his cell.

Defiant

Down along the river the boats are all docked and wrapped against the elements.  When the salt water river has ice along the edges....it's cold.  Name of this boat: Defiant.  Very fitting, me thinks.  I also like the building reflections from across the way.

Those are my weekend reflections.  I appreciate you stopping by to take a peek.

16 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Susan, great shots.......I've been reflecting this weekend, too. On how I can do less work and more painting..:) If I figure it out I'll let you know. Enjoy your weekend.

John S. Mead said...

Very nice reflections! I especially like the first shot of the town reflected on the water. Thanks for your kind words on my blog...I look for ward to seeing more of your work in the future!

Cheers!

Scrappy Grams said...

Whenever I see your reflection shots, I wish that I lived near water. Water represents serenity to me.

Halcyon said...

I love the first shot. Such beautiful colors! But they are all great reflections. Happy weekend.

Tezzie said...

What a beautiful area you live in!...and, it's so nice to see landscape that's not entirely covered in snow ;D

Have a wonderful weekend!

VioletSky said...

I was going to say the same as Tezzie
boats still in the water at this time of year: priceless!

EG Wow said...

Neat reflections. The light in the first is outstanding. I'm amazed to see boats in the water this time of year. Salt water sure makes the difference! (from lake water, that is.)

lisa said...

Each of these is so beautiful Susan!
And I could not agree with you more...enough with this cold!
We had but one day above 0 this past week :-(
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

lisa.

KaHolly said...

Very nice images, great reflections. Kennebunk/Kennebunkport are my old stomping grounds from college days! Lots of memories there. Glad you ret'd home and are enjoying it. Good luck with your photography. Looks as though you do well! ~karen

Randy said...

That first so really is beautiful!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Beautiful photos, my favorite being the first. You are so hearty to walk around in the freezing cold. I'd be whimpering immediately. Thanks for coming by ODP. Carolyn

justine said...

the light in these photographs is fantastic and I so envy you having all this on your doorstep for the weekend

jeannette said...

All very different scenes and reflections, but all very interesting! I'll go for the first one most, maybe because I like horizons (I hardly get to see that in the city!).

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

Love your reflections, both visual and your comments!

'Tsuki said...

Nice set of reflections !

James said...

Awesome reflections!