Pages

Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with that fabulous James over at Newtown Daily Photo for Weekend Reflections.
If you've not yet tripped over to James' blog you must!!  His photos are an inspiration...and they're also to die for.  Yes.

This week I was on the look-out for reflections, thanks to James.  I'm noticing reflections more and more and more all the time and it's all James' fault.  There's a whole reflective world I've missed for so many years all coming to life. 
Here's what I found:


Reflected Kisses

Now you know it was Valentine's Day this week which meant a little less Weight Watcher's points counting and a little more chocolate.  My bad, but I think it was worth it.  Trust me....none of these remain.

Afternoon Trees
We did get some early melting this week too.....and sun.  I took my sweet dog Tula to the beach for an afternoon run.  Along the beach road were these wonderful reflections in the melting snow puddles.


50 Reflections
This reflection of Main Street, Kennebunk was caught in a window of a restaurant called "50 Local"....hence the window decor.  I like the crispness of the buildings and cars in the background.

17 comments:

LauraX said...

so many sweet reflections here!!!

Martha Z said...

That fist is sure a "sweet" reflection.
The window, paited with all the "50" is unusual, good collection today.

Malyss said...

A lot of interesting and different reflections!
I understand that you enjoyed chocolate! :)

Pat Tillett said...

All three are very nice!
thanks!

Carolyn Ford said...

Beautiful reflections...but, I think I LOVE those kisses' reflections best! YUM!

Karen said...

Great shots. It is amazing how many reflections you can find when you know to look for them. Love those kisses!

Sylvia K said...

Yep, LOVE those kisses' reflection!! Hmmmmm Yummmm indeed! All of your reflections are terrific as always! It is amazing how once you begin looking for reflections/shadows you see/find them everywhere and in places you never thought about! And how much beauty and interest they add to our world! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Lesley said...

I like the view of the street in the '50' window. And I am starting to pay more attention to the views the puddles hold, instead of just the water now.

Anika said...

Great shots! I love that last one of the reflection, very cool!

Regina said...

Great reflections.
Happy weekend.

" Regina "

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

These are lovely - it's been so long since I've joined up with James - I think it was last summer. Some week I must catch up with all the folk over there.

Scrappy Grams said...

I enjoyed your reflections! Hugs for the weekend.

jeannette said...

Love all of your pics in a different way, but the last one is my favorite, since it turned out so well!

James said...

Reflections and chocolate kisses can be addicting. You had a great time with both but the kisses are gone and the reflections remain. Great shots! :)

Kay L. Davies said...

Now I want chocolate. Sigh.
I love the snow-puddle reflections, and the street scene in the restaurant window is amazing!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

forgetmenot said...

Love the kisses, LOVE the tree reflections in the puddles in the road--great shot.

'Tsuki said...

So you are taken by the reflection fever, huh... It's a dangerous virus that James contest spreads all around the word...

But we are lucky you got it : this set of reflection is so lovely...

I do like the first one more than the others, though... Those chocolate packing are so brillant... ;)