Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beverage

Linking up with Faith at Simplicity for this week's photo challenge.


This week's subject is beverage.  Apparently Faith has been on a mission to capture her orange juice in an appealing way.  I totally get that.  I get the urge to shoot my cup of coffee often-which likely has nothing to do with the beauty of the coffee and more to do with my anticipation of it's perceived greatness.  I also have a bunch of really bad red wine attempts....same reason....anticipation of perceived greatness.

I struggle taking beverage photos.  I don't know whether to shoot from above or beside or is it about the liquid itself, or the vessel holding the liquid.  My brain ain't wrapping 'round this too well.  My other problem is a lack of variety issue.  There's water, water, water, coffee, water, water, wine, water, water, water, and seltzer-which is essentially water "with gas" as they say in Europe.  I got no skin in the beverage game.

So, had to reach back about a month to find something suitable for this week.  My poor/pour attempts at wine and coffee I will not bother you with.  For a beverage shot, I'm actually rather pleased with this one I took in a restaurant about a month ago.  Perhaps the clear glass and clear liquid made it easier.  A little bokeh never hurts either.


Bubbles and Lime
Bubbles and Lime


I did have one other satisfactory beverage attempt this week-I grabbed this when I met a friend for coffee, well-she had tea.  The pic wasn't great, but when I played around with some filters and things, I rather like this funky result.

Hot Tea
Hot Tea

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I love the funky filters! Very cool :)

Carol Blackburn said...

Neat shots, Susan (does anyone say "neat" anymore)...........anyway, I liked them very much. :)

Scrappy Grams said...

I too like your funky tea shot, but I LOVE bubbles and lime! It looks so refreshing! Gotta go and get me some Zero Sprite!

Faith said...

Really nice shot this week! Thanks so much for linking up...
I think I also want to capture the enjoyment I have of that moment - with coffee or with Orange Juice or with a glass of really great wine and it's difficult to create something that does that moment of enjoyment justice.