Pages

Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Everyday Life

Linking with the sweet Faith over at Simplicity, just in the nick of time for this week's photo challenge where the topic is "Everyday Life."



Onion in Sun

Anyone who spends time cooking in the kitchen knows the onion is an essential beginning to so many recipes.  It truly is part of everyday life...for kitchen denizens anyway. 

I have beautiful morning sun that pours into my kitchen and this lone onion looked so lovely in the light, I had to grab the camera.  I think I could put pretty much anything into that natural light and it would look good: old shoe, toothbrush, screwdriver, TV remote....but this onion looks especially nice with it's knotted stem and shedding skin.  And I didn't put it into the light on purpose, it was just sitting on the counter looking beautiful all by itself.

9 comments:

Scrappy Grams said...

So, now the lonely onion has beauty whereas before was known for just flavor. :D

coffee queen said...

I have never seen such a beautiful onion. :o)
Great shot of an ordinary object in extraordinary light.

Jamie said...

We all need more light like that - how wonderful

Miss Becky said...

Hey Susan, I'm catching up with all your photos here. now you've gotten me curious about that book too. I'm adding it to my list. the onion photo is a gem. lovely color and light and it tells a story too. I love the traffic photo, I think for the glistening on the pavement and all the movement it shows. that's a wonderful photo. and man, you're making me hungry for pizza and lobster. cut that out.
have a beautiful day Susan!

Rosie said...

This is really beautiful, Susan! The light really emphasizes the texture of the onion!

Dyche Designs said...

I wish I could eat them but I'm allergic. As they're in pretty much everything it can make eating out difficult on occasions. Beautiful shot though.

Faith said...

GREAT shot of an onion. These are the type that my mom used to always buy - and she'd keep them in this beautiful green bowl on her counter. LOVE your shot and the pretty light.

justine said...

this is such a great shot, it's funny how beautiful onions are and you have captured this so perfectly, the light here is really great too.

Clare B said...

I'm relishing the natural light that is finally managing to reach our living room in the morning. It's gone by afternoon, but it makes getting up a little easier each day!