Pages

Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February 365 Check-in 187/365

Connecting with the fabulous Maegen over at My Life Set to Words to check in on the 365 progress.  Thanks Maegen.
Drop {162/365}

Though I knew it was coming, I sort of forgot and it came and went without notice.  The half-way point was back a few clicks around day 182 1/2.  I likely would have spaced it totally had Maegen not mentioned it in her thoughts.  I think she has a 3 or 4 day head start on me, but I'm slated to finish this "project" near the end of August.


Button {170/365}











Things I've noticed....this really doesn't feel like a "project" to me.  Taking snaps every day has just become the way it is, and I like it.  I haven't missed a day since Aug 26th, 2010.   I can agree that some days I stuggle to have 20 shots in my camera and find one that's passable and the next day I'm ultra inspired and taking 150 seems easy with multiple shots competing for "shot of the day" honors.    I've also noticed that even when I do have just a few, I can usually make something work and there are less deletes and more keepers.  That feels like an improvement.

Windswept {178/365}My inspiration of late feels worn down...I felt that way in January as well-winter is not my season, but when I look through the monthly roll call, there are some great moments here.  As usual, beating myself up too much.  I'm really looking forward to return of daylight savings time (less than 2 weeks away) so I can shoot pics in the evening.  I know it will bring me energy and lift my spirits.

Morning Egg {181/365}


As for stretching myself-since light has been an issue I'm trying to up my skills on the editing/processing end.  I'm currently taking a PS class at the local community college trying to soak up all the knowledge I can.  Wow is that software vast.  I particiapate in a daily flickr challenge-which is good fodder when inspiration is lacking.  I've also been saving my nickels and dimes and hope to add a new lens that will have a lower aperture and a tripod for limited light settings.  Would be oh so nice if money weren't a concern, but it is.  Blogging is free though! and there is a tax return in my near future.:)

One other thing I noticed...this month I believe I posted every single shot of the day in one place or another.  I think that's a first.  There's only one I didn't post-Feb 28ths and it was one of those only 20 shots in the camera day, better play around with PS and make something work.

Selfie {187/365}

{187/365} See what I mean...a silly selfie.

Thanks for checking in with my check-in.  I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else is holding up too.  I'm sure there will be some fabulous creativity.

11 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. And the last one, what kind of setting is that on because it's exactly how I'd look at it to paint it. I'm going to ask permission again...could you email me that picture of Tula you have posted here so I could try to paint it. I haven't done a dog before and I just love that color in this photo. I will send it to you when finished and you can frame it if you like. :)

Scrappy Grams said...

Tula, beautifully golden!
Stunning shot of the icicle drip!

Life with Kaishon said...

Meaghan is so great, isn't she? I interviewed her this week. Do you want to come over and learn some more about her? : )

I love your project. You are rocking it!

lisa said...

Congratulations on keeping up with your 365 Susan! It really does become a lifestyle after a bit, and I found that you learn so much from it. Keep at it, as these are wonderful photographs!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful pictures, I especially love the ice. You don't see much of that in south Alabama. 365s aren't easy. I'm not nearly as creative as I'd like to be, but I'm trying to expand my horizons this year. Good luck.

justine said...

you are a few days ahead of me on your 365, I feel like you with the weather and inspiration. It sounds like you are seeing improvements and I can see them in your shots and I love how you are posting more.

Jamie said...

Your shots get more beautiful every single day!

Micheline said...

So many good shots and it's impressive that you're taking advantage of this period of low light to improve your photoshop skills. And thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I'll be sure to keep checking in over the next six months.

Rosie said...

Such gorgeous shots, Susan! Love that selfie - cool processing! :-)

urban muser said...

i am so impressed you are still going with your 365. mine fell apart weeks and weeks ago. great job!

Miss Becky said...

I really enjoy reading your thoughts about how you feel taking your photos. and what you think of them and how you're learning. I'm happy that you're sticking with the 365 because you're one of my true inspirations in this journey. I feel like we're growing together and it's a lot of fun. I love that selfie, and the egg photo - you take some gorgeous macro shots. I'm looking forward to the next half of the journey with you Susan. I still have to put together my own half-way post...I'm working on it! Still catching up it seems. Oh, and stop beating yourself up - it's a dead end street.
have a beautiful weekend Susan!