Pages

Followers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Macro Friday

Linking up with Laura at Blogging from Bolivia for this week's Macro Friday.  Looking forward to checking out all those beautiful shots. 

It's been running around in the back of my mind to spend some of my tax return money on a new lens.  Thinking seriously about one that will give me more macro feel; I so admire the true macro images.  Hard to decide in this economy whether spending money on anything other than necessities is a good idea.  My first purchase must be a tripod, tho' I do have a friend that said she might be willing to loan me one for a time.  Perhaps I'll drop a little reminder hint to see if that's still OK.  That way buying a new lens might be more of a possibility.

In the meantime, taking some close-up shots will have to suffice.  The other day it rained pretty hard all morning and into mid-aftenoon.  I knew I had to sit in class from 5:30-8:00, but was happy to be able to catch that little window between rain and clearing for a few quick shots.


Between
Between
Sparkly raindrops just off the street caught my eye while I was driving by.
 

Dried Coneflower
Dried Coneflower
I wonder how long this coneflower was underneath the snow this winter.
 

Entwined
Entwined
Vines and branches combined in the woods.

Thanks for taking a quick peek at my photos....have a great weekend.

15 comments:

Dhemz said...

oh spring where art thou....:) great shots....mine is up as well!

Jamie said...

I'm in love with that first shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love that last shot!

lisahudson said...

That twig is fascinating! Very pretty shots. All of them.

Lisa

Stefanie Brown said...

Really cool shots. I love the drops on the first one.

Jamie H said...

Beautiful photos! I really like the last one! You don't see something like that very often!

Anita Johnson said...

Great photos! I rented and borrowed a few lenses before I bought one. It was still hard to chose...each lens has a little different feel and use...but all fun and good!

Ray said...

Love the rain drop shot! So beautiful!

ToadMama said...

I love all of the shots! Girl, you have a gift. Buy yourself a macro lens.

Becky said...

Nice shots as always! And yes you should check in with that friend re: the tripod. I was there when she offered. :-)

urban muser said...

gorgeous! i love that coneflower shot.

Miss Becky said...

wow, these shots are so you, Susan. I love the colors and sparkle. it seems as though it's been a hectic week all around, for lots of people. I hope you manage to chase down a tripod and get the lens you're hoping for. have a great weekend Susan!

Anika said...

So pretty Susan! That first shot with the droplets is so so beautiful.

Rosie said...

These are gorgeous, Susan! Especially that entwined shot! Have a great weekend, too!

Ladynred said...

Wonderful shots. Love the last one!