Pages

Followers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Plum P64

Linking up for this week's color challenge, where the color was Plum.  Check out other finds over at Project 64.  Always lots and lots of great entries.



project64 button





Plum
Galilean Thermometer

When I was 5 my family built a new house and my mother asked me what color I'd like my new bedroom to be.  I said purple....and this was the shade I had in mind.  Apparently I should have said "plum". 

When we moved in I had a nice large bedroom painted a light lemony yellow and for years and years after that, I hated the color yellow.  I've come around to yellow now and am rather thankful my mother didn't allow me to paint my room such a dark shade.  It may have been a little overwhelming and dungeon-esque....but how 'bout letting a girl know these things in advance?  The yellow was a huge disappointment.

Was on the look out for plum ALL week long with little success.  Glad I finally slowed down and took a more careful look around-and what do you know....this thermometer sits on the shelf in my office and was there all the time.  How typical.

Looking forward to seeing the other takes on plum.


14 comments:

Brooke said...

A very cool plum find! Thanks for sharing at project 64

Becky@ My Daily Journey said...

Great finding!

Coffee Queen said...

What a beautiful shot!

Anika said...

Pretty color, great shot!

mohdhafifi said...

Come here from Malaysia

http://najib-razak-quote.blogspot.com

Anita Johnson said...

What a beautiful color and the word "plum" sounds so much richer than plain purple. (-:

Side by Side said...

I love those thermometors.
What a great macro shot...lovely.

Carletta said...

What a beautiful shot!
I don't think I've seen a more beautiful thermometer. :)

Jamie said...

Gorgeous shot! My niece is hoping for a purple room - I think she'll get her wish - but it won't be this gorgeous shade.

justine said...

wow you have captured this beautifully. This was the colour of our school uniform and I have never been able to wear it since!

Karen said...

What a cool find! It's just beautiful.

Scrappy Grams said...

My goodness, that is gorgeous! So delicate.

Clare B said...

Lovely shot - I wanted to paint my room red when I was little. My mother refused and I'm grateful although a little disappointed that she didn't allow it to be a truely "learning" experience!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

That is so cool!