Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scavenger 188/365

Linking up with the ever so sweet and talented Ashley at Ramblings and Photos for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Push on through and consider joining in the fun.  This is one of the highlights of my photographic week.





I'm always so surprised to find it's again Sunday....which is sort of silly really as the weeks go round and round.  Tic, tic, tic, tic, tic; time goes so quickly.  Alas here we are.  This week's topics were pretty interesting I thought and I enjoyed the search:
Diptych, Book, "When I think about how_____ is in the ____ I just have to _____", A Taste of Italy, and Reminders.

Press on....

Blue Skies
Diptych:  I think diptychs are pretty cool.  This is Memorial Bridge, a drawbridge which spans between Maine and New Hampshire.  It's in need of repair and budget woes are coming into play.  I hope it can be preserved and that ME and NH can stop arguing and come up with a plan. 
I also have a little unexplainable interest in vapor trails.  I guess when I see one I think someone must be going someplace fabulous.

Thanks to Faith over at Simplicity for a little diptych tutorial.  Helped me think about putting two images together in a logical artistic way and to explore possibilities.

The Help
Book:  Everyone said "The Help" was a great book.  Everyone was right.  Still have more to go and am enjoying the ride.

 
Goodbye {188/365}
{188/365} When I think about how short life is in the scheme of things, I just have to pause and appreciate the moment.
I'm not sure why I entitled this photo "Goodbye", but there it is.  Goodbye to the day, goodbye to negative thoughts, goodbye to winter.....who knows?  Such an ordinary sight and yet so lovely and also melancholy.


A Slice
A Taste of Italy:  More like a slice of sin, but it was really good.


Where's Spring?
Reminders:  Where's Spring?.....this little lobster shack is a reminder that soon enough tourists will be crowding the area roads and restaurants and looking for delicious Maine lobster.
Right beside this building was a lobster boat dry docked in the snow, also waiting on spring.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my photos and my blah, blah, blah.  Have a great day.


17 comments:

Melissa said...

The Help is a great book and I have lent it out to many friends who have also loved it. I also like what you did for your diptych. That pizza also looks sinfully delicious.

Scrappy Grams said...

I love your blah, blah, blah, as well as your pics!

fiddlehead said...

I love that "good-by" shot. beautiful!

Michelle said...

Great captures...I like the book photo the best.

Brooke said...

Another great set Susan! Your fill-in-the-blank shot is my fav. Such great color!

leavesnbloom said...

What a great week of captures! Susan that was a great fill in the blank shot. I loved the words that you used - I was stuck on that prompt for a long time. Your book shot is very creative and I didn't know there was that much to diptych until I read that link you placed on the post. I hope that snow of yours goes quickly - it looks like you still have loads of it.

Carletta said...

Love the diptych, the sky is gorgeous and I loved how you filled in the blanks!
'A slice of sin' - well put!

Carletta@Round The Bend

Susan said...

Oh what lovely captures. I especially like the fill in the blank sentiment and shot. Something so ordinary, and yet extraordinary at the same time.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all so great - loving your diptych and fill in the blank shots.

Teagan said...

I agree with you - diptychs are sweet - and the way you paired those two shots together is stunning!

Mad Mind said...

I absolutely love your book.

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

I love what you chose for fill in the blank- I can certainly appreciate that thought. I really like your Italy shot- now I know exactly what I want for dinner. :)

Gretchen said...

Your diptych is gorgeous! I'm reading The Help right now... loving it so far! Love your take on the fill in the blank... how true!

Abi said...

I love your fill in the blank... it's so true that life is fleeting... and now I want pizza!

Linda R. said...

You have some great shots here.. I just love that fill in the blank shot.. It is awesome.. and your taste of Italy shot is making me hungery...

Cat said...

LOL a slice of sin for sure but oh so delicious! Great shots! I love the book one!

julie said...

LOVE your fill in the blank shot & its sentiment :)