Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scavenger 207/365

Loving that link up with Ashley on Sunday morning for Scavenger Hunt Sunday....becoming a weekly ritual 'round here.  Dog says she liked it better when the ritual included something fun for K-9s.  I'll catch her fancy a little later.  Low tide is midday today.  Priorities I say, and I'm the one who works and buys the dog food.





This week's hunt included: Decay, Group of 3, Kitchen, Things that make you go Hmmmm, and "Me" Time.



Mill Sales
Decay:  Late one evening I caught some really great light around a couple of old abandoned mill buildings and got tons of snaps. It was hard to choose just one, but I think this angle might give the sense of the enormity of this building-now just an ugly beast with an "unfit for human occupancy" sign on one of the doors.  I was delighted to see "decay" on the list this week.  I love shooting stuff like this; what's up with that?



Three Arches
Group of 3:  Here's a building that's been restored in different mill town.  3 pretty arches on the 3rd story.


Mushrooms
Kitchen:  OK...not kitchen, but in my kitchen?  Can't be showing you my kitchen at the moment.  Maid service (that would be me) hasn't been by to tidy up yet.


Yup
Things "Thangs" that make you go Hmmmmm:  I don't know....1970's era VW, burgers, Christmas in late March.  Hmmmmmm......
(**I guess when I go Hmmmmm? it's that something has struck me as peculiar, as opposed to some of the other post links where hmmmm is mmmmmm-like yum.  Guess it's a Maine thing lost in translation.**)


Shadow Dance {207/365}
{207/365}  "Me" Time:  I don't know that there's a time I'm having more fun than when I'm chasing the light.  Love this shadowy selfie I caught on one of those abandoned mill buildings.  This was a good day.

I do thank you for stopping by and checking out what I found on the Scavenger Hunt trail.  Have a great day!

19 comments:

Carla Hutchins said...

Love the decay and 'threes' shot! Great job!

Alden said...

great shots! Love the "hmm" one. My neighbors still have christmas lights up!

Brooke said...

Chasing the light.... very aptly put! I love that... and totally agree. Your shots are AH-MAZING, as always :D

allison said...

definitely had to stop and go hmmmmm, at that shot! I love the shot of the three arches - beautiful angle and composition!

Scrappy Grams said...

Beautiful 3-shot, but my fave is the "me time." I've gotten so I simply love light and shadow shots!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Me time, so cool! And, I love that group of 3. Wonderful captures, Susan!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are wonderful - I especially love that first shot!

Smo said...

I love ALL of them, can't pick just one! Awesome work as usual!

julie said...

Great interpretations! LOVE your group of 3 & AWESOME me time shot - very creative! :)

Chelsea said...

These are GREAT! Love the group of the three and me time, but they are all beautiful!

Anika said...

Love your self portrait...and so funny that hmm image. I love it that some people keep their seasonal decorations up depending on weather rather than holiday! Enjoyed your shots this week!

Susan said...

What wonderful shots! I love the old abandoned mill building and the one with the arched brick windows too! The texture on the mushrooms is fun as well. All are just great!

Carol Blackburn said...

All that van with curtains needs is some peace sign wheel covers.

Mad Mind said...

I love the VW shot. Yes, I'm old enough to remember them. I loved them then and I still do.

Stefanie Brown said...

Great "abandoned" shot. Enjoyed them all!

Michelle said...

Great pics. "Me" time with the camera and the shadows is my favorite.

Kathleen said...

Love your me time shots as well as the angle of your 3s. Great decay shot as well!! And what a fun Hmmm shot...I definitely interpreted it the same way. I am a New Englander now but a new one, so maybe something there as far as translation goes! :)

Great job on these - nice to "meet" you too; I enjoyed getting to know you through your profile!

Miss Becky said...

my favorite day of your posts. scavenger hunt. I keep going back to look at that shadow selfie. it's a fantastic photo. I'm not understanding how the sun caught you and your shadow at that angle, but I don't need to understand it. it just is - and I like it a whole lot. I like to photograph empty, decaying buildings too. there's something sort of forlorn about them. unfortunately there are many around, a sign of the times. the blue VW bus speaks to me too. maybe because I came of age in that era and rode around in a lot of them. plus the blue color of that one, and the fact that it's showing no rust is amazing. every now and then I'll see one, but it's rusted terribly and sputtering down the road... another great hunt Susan. always a pleasure.

Margaret said...

Oh, I love this. I need to find a similar photograph of myself. !!