Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scavenger Sunday 204/365

Time to link up with the fab Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for this week's scavenger hunt.









This week out on the scavenger hunt trail I was looking for: Camera Phone, Camera, Shoes, Chair, and Imperfection.


Virtual Vacation
Camera Phone:  Still using a cheap flip phone.  Saves me lots of $$.  My dear friend is on vacation in Puerto Rico.  Don't know whether to love him or hate him when he sends me little reminders like this.


Happy Monday
Camera:  What can I say?  Not the view I wanted to see in the side mirror first thing on Monday morning.  Alas.....just a warning for no seat belt. 
 I snapped this while waiting for the officer to return to my car.  Meanwhile I started taking pics of the building across the street. When I took my camera away from my face, he was standing right next to me.  I guess he believed me when I said I kept hopping in and out of my car to take pictures and just forgot to put the seat belt back on.  "Ma'am....put your hands up and step away from the camera".


My Shoes {204/365}
{204/365} Shoes:  The other day I wore sneakers for the first time in months.  The next morning it snowed and it was back to the sensible boots.  This shot from above is looking from a bridge down to a little stream below.  I wasn't thinking of jumping...I know spring will be here soon.  A little hard mix on this upped the saturation.

Parked
Chair:  Didn't catch a chair shot I liked this week.  Rats.  I do like this shot from a sunny day last fall outside the library.  Can't wait until its warm enough to see outdoor seating available again!  Soon, I say.


Farm Mug
Imperfection:  People tell me I'm a perfectionist.  It's an imperfection of mine, I guess.  Meanwhile without putting a selfie here, I was stumped-most any photo is going to have an imperfection.  The category was wide open.
This sweet mud spattered horse came right over to me the other day when I stopped to take some shots of the farm behind her.  She didn't seem to mind at all that her face wasn't looking clean and perfect.  Lots to learn from animals.


Have a great week.  Thanks for stopping by to check out my scavenger finds.  Your visit is always appreciated.



22 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Love the bridge shot, it looks like Christmas tree lights below. I forget my seatbelt, too. What's my excuse?

Our Typical Life said...

Glad you got off with just a warning!

I love the bokeh from the stream below your shoes.

Ashley Sisk said...

How funny about the camera shot - oops. And I really like the perspective on your shoe shot.

Melissa said...

Oh wow, what a camera shot you captured! I would have been too upset to even take a picture. I've only been pulled over once and that was enough for me. Now be safe and put on that seatbelt :)

Miss Becky said...

of all your photo memes that you participate in, the scavenger hunt is my favorite, I look forward to it every Sunday. you inevitably make me laugh. I too use an old flip phone but mine is way more ancient than yours, and people all around me are "face down in their phones" constantly. I call them "thumbers". drives me nuts and I refuse to do it.
love the side mirror photo. and your sneakers. what kind are those???? I like the bumper toes. my favorite is the horse's face. that is so lovely. there is nothing quite like the smell of a horse. well, it's been a joy to go along on your hunt again. have a great day Susan! hope your sun is shining.

Ashley said...

ohhh not fun w/ the camera shot! I love your shoe shot :)

Meg said...

Happened on your blog from Ramblings & Photos' Scavenger Hunt! I love the shot of the horse, the detail in the hair... And the one of the cop made me chuckle ~ I'm glad you just got a warning! I also like the one of the shoes, on the bridge! Great pictures! :)

Brooke said...

Ha - these are all great. Really, I can't possibly pick a fav! Okay.. the shoe one. Love that twinkly bokeh from the water below. Well done! Oh, and try to avoid the police for next week's hunt!! :D hee.

Scrappy Grams said...

I second Miss Becky's remark about Scavenger Hunt. Actually, I forget until it's here again, and I realize how much I enjoy it! 2nd blog that I absolutely love the Imperfection shot! Hmm wonder if this will be a pattern? The time or two that I've been pulled over, let's say that I'm glad it was in the far past. :)
Twice in my family, lives have been saved by seatbelts. So buckle up, my dear, I want you safe!

Kimberly Gauthier said...

These are fantastic shots!

*Simply Colette* said...

Great collection! Your shoes pic drew me in... but I love the cop photo too! Very witty :)

-nicolette

http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com
http://www.photographygetaways.com

leavesnbloom said...

I don't think I would have even thought of taking a photo after being pulled over by a cop but at least he believed you.

I love that shoe shot and your processing the best of them all this week.

Danelle said...

You are a true photographer, taking a picture of the cop who pulled you over! Love it!

deb duty said...

I like the chair shot! I sure hope I don't have the opportunity to take a photo like your camera photo, but it did make a really cool shot!

Katie said...

Loved your Imperfection shot! Great job this week!

Photogal said...

Great series this week! The one with the police made me smile - glad you captured that moment.

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

You never disappoint! Love, love, love that "imperfect" shot.

julie said...

All great shots...cool chair & love your camera phone pic & story!! :)

RainCityGirl said...

Love your collection this week. I really like the horse

Carletta said...

Great shots!
I love the camera shot but I would have been afraid to take it. :)
I really like the processing on the shoe shot- vibrant!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

lisa said...

I cannot believe you thought to snap a photo when being stopped by a police officer!!! You are amazing, and I LOVE it!!!
Truly, this is the best shot I've seen all day Susan. Thank you for the smiles!!

Jennifer said...

Bahahahaha LOVE the police shot! I had the same thing happen to me. I took a picture when they pulled me over but it was night time and my flash went off as I took it! LOL It was a terrible shot but hey - you have to capture the good and the bad, right? Anyway, love your interpretations and thanks for the inspiration.

I'm starting a new linkie party over at my blog called Fabulous Friday. I'd love it if you could participate! Here's a link:
http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabulous-friday-linkie-party.html