Pages

Followers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Silly Weekend Reflections

Linking up with James for Weekend Reflections.  If you haven't taken the time to visit James' blog and meme, it's really worth the visit.

Normally I try to find pretty reflections....but this week I'm posting some rather inane ones just for fun.  One miserable rainy day this week there was a small break in the weather action and I realized I hadn't taken any photos yet.  I didn't feel much inspiration to do so, but my self-imposed 365 took me out in the grey moist air near the office looking for something to fill the emptiness on my camera's memory card.  Strangely that was one of the best result days I'd had in awhile.  Hmmmm.

Car Reflections
Out in the back parking lot I saw myself and some tree tops reflected in the chrome trim on the back of this silver car.


I See You
While on a selfie kick, the backside of this truck's side mirror provided lots of reflections-not just me.  (Please look around the mirror and on the ground and see all the snow and dirt still blessing my everyday...grrrrrr.)


Hang On
Back inside the office ol' Cody was hanging on the side of the file cabinet.  That's what happens when my brother's 4-year old son stops by-anything resembling a toy is fair game.


Raindrop
I don't normally repeat posting a photo, but in case you missed this one from earlier this week....my one not so silly shot of the afternoon.  This drop offered a variety of reflections and I'm delighted with the way the shot turned out.

10 comments:

Scrappy Grams said...

The shot of the drop is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Cody looks comfy. :D
Happy weekend to you, and sunshine for both of us! ~hugs~

Sylvia K said...

Lately, here in the northwest, we had trouble getting enough light to capture anything, let along shadows and/or reflections. These are fun and delightful! Love ol'Cody and the droplet is exquisite! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

Hey, good thinking with the car reflections! The reflections in the drop of water are wonderful - mysterious and wonderful. Worth repeating, worth being delighted about.
And Cody is very cute.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Pat Tillett said...

Several nice shots! It's still looking cold there!
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

Regina said...

Wow these are beautiful captures and
great reflections!
Happy weekend.
Regina

Rekha said...

All the reflections are beautifully done..loved the last...magnificent capture!!

Miss Becky said...

I'm drooling over the first shot - what a great capture. the composition is fantastic. I like the mirror reflection too. yes, it's gray day weather here too. I woke to snow that had switched over from rain yesterday. I'm looking forward to watching it all melt sometime soon. :) have a great weekend Susan.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Your shots are marvelous from the silly to the sublime! The first reflection is the silver car is my favorite... well, except for that absolutely fabulous one in the drop of water!

Bises,
Genie

EG Wow said...

I very much like the shot of the water drop;et! Super!

lisa said...

These are fantastic Susan!
Especially the last one. Truly perfection.
I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!