Pages

Followers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Treat

Linking with Faith over at Simplicity for this week's photo challenge where the subject is sweet treat.



I don't eat a lot of sweets.  Either that or I eat them so fast I don't think to take photos of them.  I can pass on the cake, cookies, and candy (I'm not saying I always do, just that I can), but when it comes to ice cream, I have a really hard time saying no.  It is not uncommon for me to decide to skip dinner and just have ice cream instead....and I can.   It's one of the best things about being an adult.



Dinner
Dinner

I'm not delighted with this shot, but let me tell you.....it sure was delicious.  M & M ice cream is great.  It isn't easy finding ice cream in Maine in the winter months.  Along about May most of the ice creams shops open up for the summer....and believe me, I know where they all are.

9 comments:

Miss Becky said...

you really had that for dinner? oh dear. but the color is delicious so why not. Ice cream shoppes in Wisconsin stay open all year round. makes no matter how cold it is outside, we still will stand in line at Leon's for some custard. Leon's was the inspiration for the original Arnold's Drive-In from Happy Days. Now I'm inspired to photograph it. when it warms up....
have a great day Susan!

Dazee Dreamer said...

No freaking fair posting that photo for me to drool over. Now I want ice cream.

Angie Willis said...

Visited your blog after seeing your comment at Kat's because I haven't found my path to bliss yet either :-) I love this photograph - it looks like someone's been at that ice cream with a paintbrush - I've never seen anything like it before. And I love the colourful background to your blog!

lisa said...

Now that you've admitted it first, I can "come clean" here Susan!!! I can, and do, easily substitute ice cream for dinner. Quite
frequently in the summertime, but winter, spring, and fall are fine also!! My favorite? Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Ok, now I am really wanting some ice cream!!!

Tezzie said...

Oh, yum!!! The great thing about ice cream is that it's delish any time of year :D

Jamie said...

That looks HEAVENLY!!!

Sweepy said...

Woof, I'm here for some dinner too. I heard you are serving it cold and sweet!

Hey that doesn't look like chocolate so I'm safe with that. I want 3 scoops please.

Serline said...

With a dinner like that, who can resist? Bon Appetit ;-P

Faith said...

WOW - now that look like an amazing ice cream cone!!