Pages

Followers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekend Reflections 200, 201/365

Linking up with James today for Weekend Reflections.  You might want to start looking for reflections too.....they're everywhere.

I was able to find some nice late day light on a couple of days in the past week.  I had fun playing with shadows and reflections near a bridge that spans tidal waters.

Bridge Reflections {201/365}
{201/365} Reflections at Durrell's Bridge

Sometimes I get so excited about the light I'm finding, I forget to look from the opposite viewpoint.  Thankfully this time I remembered to check out what was happening on the other side of the bridge.


Edge of Spring
Deciduous trees, not yet with buds or leaves, reflecting on the water.


Another day I happened to catch this pretty scene in a shop window.  Lucky me.


Window Worship {200/365}
{200/365} Window Worship

I really love the 3 levels you can see....the window, the painting and curtains inside the office/shop, and the glorious reflection of the church across the street.  A lucky catch indeed.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Thanks James.


18 comments:

Jamie said...

You have an incredible eye for reflections!

Martha Z said...

It is always good to turn around, you never know what wonderful sight might be behind you.
I like it when I can capture a bit of what is inside the building, as you did here, and still have a strong reflection.

Dimple said...

Very nice shots, especially the first and last. Thanks for the visit!

Malyss said...

Great collection today! your reflections are perfect!

Scrappy Grams said...

Unusual for me, but I really love the church reflected in the window.

Sylvia K said...

Love your reflections for the day, Susan! Always love the watery ones and bridges and your first one is perfect! The ripply trees in the second is so beautiful. Love your last shot as well! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Dyche Designs said...

Beautifully done . . . you've inspired me to start looking for reflections. So far the only ones I've captured are in the side mirror on my husbands truck.

Pat Tillett said...

All three of them are very nice! You are also so right about looking behind us.
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

jeannette said...

I second that:) -for all three you chose the best angle -great catch!

NatureFootstep said...

you done a great job here. I especially like the first one.

'Tsuki said...

I find the capture of the bridge very interesting : the rounding of the guardrail gives a nice movement to the picture...

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

like the way you capture the curvature of the bridge

cieldequimper said...

These are all lovely: the angle on the bridge is excellent, winter trees are always gorgeous reflected and wow, that blue and white!

VioletSky said...

this last one is a perfect shot.

Greyscale Territory said...

Wonderful variety of reflections! really love the curved detail of the bridge seeming to frame the reflection in the water!

Miss Becky said...

your eye is incredible. and yeah, good advice to turn around and look in the other direction now and then! the window worship is awesome. and I really like the curve of that bridge. nicely done. your world is really beautiful and I'm so happy you share it.

Regina said...

Great photos and reflections!
Enjoy your weekend.

TheChieftess said...

wonderful!!! My favorites are the first and last one...love the geometric shapes in the window of the last one...and the angle/composition of the top one is superb!!!