Pages

Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking up with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Check out the fabulous reflections from all over this world for yourself.  Thanks James.


When I was teaching music, as my students reached about 9-10 years, I'd occasionally play a music selection for them to help them listen more carefully.  I'd have them listen for tempo, dynamics, and style.....and then list any instruments they could hear.  I can hear myself saying, "listen behind that lead singer.....listen high and listen low."  I would physically point or trace paths of what some of the instrumentation was doing.  I was amazed how much they picked out with a little nudge.

I went out shooting on a rather drab and dreary gray March day this week.....certainly not inspirtational....until I considered looking beyond the obvious.......kind of reminded me of the listening beyond the obvious I did with my students and I managed to catch some fine and dandy window reflections.

Adams Street

Adams Street

Window Shopping
Window Shopping


Beer Reflections
Beer Reflections


Another late afternoon I was driving home through the open blueberry plains outside of town.  The sky was a beautiful lavender-pinkish-blue.  I didn't need to look behind or beyond anything; this beauty was in plain sight.


Another Day
Another Day

Thanks for swinging by to check out my reflections this week....and have a fantastic weekend.

12 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan...enjoy your weekend.

Buckeroomama said...

Wow, that last shot is simply GORGEOUS!

Sylvia K said...

Your words are SO true! There is nearly always some beauty to be found almost everywhere, we sometimes just have to look a little harder! But what great rewards when we do! Marvelous post and photos for the day as always! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Dyche Designs said...

You capture the most beautiful images. First and last shots are my favorites.

'Tsuki said...

The first one is very interesting, with that stop sign reflection so perfectly enlighted by thoses colors... But my favourite is the last one : is there anything that can really compete with the beauty of nature ? Nice set of reflections, indeed.

Scrappy Grams said...

Nature wins out with beauty, but I'd say those reflections sure do resound with the beauty of buildings and signs.

Pat Tillett said...

Nice story and great photos!!!
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

Mira said...

hello! thank you for your lovely comment. I am truly inspired with your story and I agree that you need to look/listen for lows and highs in order to hear/see.

Tezzie said...

I love finding beauty in the everyday...great job!

The selective colour in your first shot works really well...and, of course, that last shot is simply stunning :D

Miss Becky said...

this is a fabulous post. I love it. you've taught me something and inspired me at the same time. window shopping is an awesome photo, and so too another day. I didn't know there was such a thing as blueberry plains. there you go - another drabble opportunity. :)
I think you've outdone yourself here Susan. my first stop of the morning, and I'm pumped already. have a really great weekend my friend.

Rekha said...

Nice post and beautiful reflections, especially the last one...Have a good weekend. Thanks for visiting. :)

Gattina said...

All different, but beautiful reflections !