Pages

Followers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Creative and Fabulous Friday 230/365

I'm linking with Lisa at the Creative Exchange, finally....I've been meaning to since Tuesday.  Love to connect with the inspiration of Lisa's link.  Thank you Lisa. 








 

It's also my favorite day of the week....and now, not only is it Friday, it's Fabulous Friday...no rules, just photos.  By Friday, that's about all I can handle.  Thanks Jen.  Here's my entry-a late day catch, pardon the pun.

Lilly C
{230/365} Lilly C





I am lucky to live in a scenic area of Maine quite near the ocean. About this time of year, I start to appreciate it more so than say....early January. Tourists will flock to the area in another month or so, but it is now that we locals have a little window of wonderful rather all to ourselves.

Iconic

Tuesday evening I grabbed a pizza at "Pizza by Alex"-which looks and tastes the same as it did 35 years ago (or even longer, I imagine) and headed out to catch some snaps.  I found myself in the quiet little community of Biddeford Pool-even quieter on a breezy spring eve before sunset.  Aside from a few seagulls and the occasional friendly year 'round home owner, it was all about me.

Groceries

I haven't spent much time in this tiny enclave, but I like the little village feel-so quintessential New England.  There are sooooo many little villages like this in the region-how quaint and how lucky for me.  Two summers ago I stopped here at Goldthwaite's with some friends and we had sandwiches and ice cream in the back "yard" overlooking the ocean.  Kind of chilly for that yet, but the view works in any season.

View by the Sea

I was brought back from that memory by the distant sound of church chimes faintly flowing through the crisp air.  A path I remembered took me to the little chapel.  By then the sounds had stopped, but my eyes found sounds of spring color nearby.

Mini Daffs

Violet Path

I walked back towards where I'd parked but took a little detour into the yacht club, which looks more like a lobster wharf this time of year.  There were "for your safety, members only" signs around which I ignored.  I felt safe, and alone.  It was here I caught some lovely pics and reflections in the tiny harbor, including that first shot I posted of the Lilly C.

Harbor

Skiff Reflections

As not to be a pest to anyone who might come along besides the seagulls, I decided to pack it in and head for home.  On the main road that runs with coastline on one side, and marsh views on the other, I spied this last precious view-too lovely not to stop and shoot. 

Water Tower

All and all a great, no, fabulous day....and it wasn't even Friday. I do love when my heart and emotions intertwine with what I'm capturing with my camera. I keep thinking of it as "jazz" and me as an improvisor...I think I may need to change the name of my blog.

Thank you for stopping by.  I always appreciate your visit and any comment you wish to share.  Have a great weekend.





18 comments:

lisa said...

Thank YOU Susan! all of these are wonderful, but I especially love the first one. Such wonderful soft colors and tones.

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a beautiful weekend!

lisa.

Linda Makiej said...

Really beautiful photos here!!
I grew up in Machias and Portland so I am always happy to find a blogger from Maine!!

Carol Blackburn said...

Such beautiful shots, Susan. Have a great weekend.

Jamie said...

Love that shot of the pizza sign.

Susan said...

These are just gorgeous...awesome!

Woody said...

These are beautiful, I really like the low flying gull. It's neat to see that your daffodils are about the same stage as ours, which I find fascinating, because you are in a colder climate (don't mind me, I'm easily amused).

Becky said...

What beautiful photos! I LOVE the first one. Friday is my favorite day as well! I enjoyed your walk, thank you for taking us along. I've always wanted to go to Maine now I feel like I've had a glimpse. Beautiful!

snowwhite said...

What a pleasant day you spent! Having sandwiches and ice cream overlooking the ocean is exactly what I wnat to have!!
Have a nice weekend!

helena said...

so atmospheric, I feel I'm there with you. Particularly love the 2nd last one and the small purple flowers on the path

Paula said...

Beautiful images and reflections in the water :)

Tracy said...

WOW, these are really beautiful. I'm jealous... I've never been able to really capture landscape/nature shots!

jennyfreckles said...

Aaah, it looks idyllic. Such a lovely place to 'visit' at the end of my busy day.

Pat said...

These are wonderful photos! I really love the view overlooking the ocean.

Danyelle said...

These are such pretty shots of the town!

Karin said...

Nice shots. Thank you for taking us with you on this lovely adventure.

Flower Photography said...

Love them especially the first and last!

Rosie said...

Wow - what a wonderful selection of photos, Susan!

Jennifer said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Thank YOU so much for participating. Your work is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for inspiring me!