Pages

Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pets 244/365

Linking with Faith at Simplicity for this week's photo challenge-pets.  Yay, something I have on hand.  Not much hunting around required for this challenge.


Pick Me Up
{244/365} Pick Me Up   
A. Pamina
 "Princess P"


I love my pets.  Pets have always been a huge part of my life.  This little lady I adopted from the animal shelter about 1 1/2 years ago. Her age was believed to be 10.  Everyone said I was so "good" choosing an older cat.  Truth be known....she chose me.

She is my first cat ever.  I had no idea how much I would love her.  Strangely, of all the 50+ cats at the shelter that day, her name Abbie, was the same as the dog I had lost 6 months earlier.  I took that as a sign.

I didn't have space in my heart for another Abbie, so I made her first name an initial and named her after the princess in Mozart's opera The Magic Flute.  Many of my friends mocked me and said the name was stupid.  I don't care, I like it and so does she.


 
I share often photos of "my girls".  I think Tula might get her little nose out of joint if I don't throw in a  recent snap of her as well.  Just to keep things on even keel, here's my other joy.  Not as fond of the camera, but equally fond of me.  I am so lucky.

Tula
Tula Dot




9 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh, these eyes!! Irresistible...!!! Have a wonderful weekend, Susan!

Woody said...

Both of their eyes show much love.

Tiffany said...

They are both so sweet. Beautiful eyes!

Tiffany

Scrappy Grams said...

Sweet pets!

quailridgephotography said...

Both of your pets have such expressive eyes! Great shots of them!

Ms. Becky said...

oh man, did you capture some soul here in these two pair of eyes. they look at you with so much love. these two photos are the most moving you've ever taken. at least for me. wow.

lisa said...

They are both so very precious Susan!

justine said...

oh that face staring at me makes me think of my dogs! I love your dog and your cat, I am the same as you - love them so much. I love your shots for scavenger hunt, that one of the man on the boat is fantastic, my favourite.

Faith said...

I picked your photo for my Top 5!