Pages

Followers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Reflecting on the Coffee Routine

Linking with lovely Faith over at Simplicity for this week's photo challenge where the topic is "routine".  Press on through to check out the other fab blogs linked there as well.


I truly do have the world's best best friend.  I'm so thankful to/for her....she loves me where I'm at, the good, bad, and ugly and we've been friends now for 30+ years.  I guess if she was going to bail out, it would have been a long time ago.  She is my life's biggest blessing.

Which brings me to "routine".  My best's and my "routine" is getting coffee.  More joys, woes, bitches and moans, silliness, dreams, deep thoughts, spaced-out forgots, and countless other of life's jumps and bumps are shared over a cup of joe than anyplace else.  It's a constant-a remnant left over from high school days of talking on the phone....now we talk over a cup of coffee.  How great is that?

My best is extremely busy these days...about to be ordained an inter-faith chaplain (I'm so proud of her), has a child about to graduate and head off to college, spends countless hours volunteering and care-giving...and yet there's still time for coffee and for me. Sometimes our routine falls into the night, sometimes in the morning, and quick afternoon cup is not out of the question.   I love her and our routine.  Thank you my friend....you know who you are!! 


Coffee

Recent site of the "Coffee Routine" at Dunkin Donuts....under the colorful pendant lights.

7 comments:

Woody said...

Your photo complements the story very nicely. Thanks for sharing (the story and photo).

lisa said...

How truly blessed you are to have such a wonderful friend Susan, and I am going to say that she is equally blessed to have you for a friend!

Happy Spring to you!!!

Rosie said...

What a wonderful friendship! And I love your photo to the story - gorgeous!

Jamie said...

What a beautiful friendship! I wish we all had amazing friends like that.

Ms. Becky said...

I agree, you are blessed, but so too is she. lasting friendships are definitely one of those things that make life worth living. unconditional acceptance and love - it's a good thing. great post.

laura said...

I am most definatlly blessed by our friendship Susan and the coffee routine. You know I would give the world to start all over back in the old routine....... Love you.

Faith said...

how fun!! It's so great to have a friend like that.