Pages

Followers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Burnt Sienna P64

Linking with Project 64 for my color of the week photo challenge....this week was Burnt Sienna.  Wanna watch color disappear from view?  Try hunting down the color of the week.  It has a way of running scared when it sees you and your camera coming. :)




project64 button




If I'm remembering correctly, there was an additional challenge to create a diptych for this week's color.  I think diptychs are cool, and I'm sorry I don't think to use them more often.  Glad to have the little push this week-if it was this week.  Oh well, it is what it is. 

English Muffin Diptych
English muffins are delicious.  Great with butter or jam or peanut butter or made into a mini pizza-a meal or a snack.  It was difficult to let this one sit while I photographed it, as they are best warm.  I think Thomas' made us all crazy once they started talking about the nooks and crannies.   Brilliant advertising.  In this economic environment.....I'm good with the store brand-they have nooks and crannies too, for less.  I wonder what a cranny actually is?  Oh God, I wonder too much.


13 comments:

Dyche Designs said...

Mmmmm you're making me so hungry, I love muffins. Love the diptych.

Susan said...

Nicely done, great diptych, and gorgeous looking English muffins.

Brooke said...

Great diptych and color find! Now I am hungry! I love English muffins for all the purposes you mentioned!

jennyfreckles said...

I rarely think of doing diptyches or triptyches but this looks very effective. I'm hungry too. Must be tea-time!

Woody said...

Good thing I just ate lunch! I should use diptych's more as well. I did my first one just the other day to illustrate a post-processing effect.

Side by Side said...

Thanks for the laughs...I love your diptych and think you caught the color perfectly here.

Ms. Becky said...

cranny [ˈkrænɪ]
n pl -nies
a narrow opening, as in a wall or rock face; chink; crevice (esp in the phrase every nook and cranny)
[from Old French cran notch, fissure; compare crenel]


sorry. I had to. I was wondering too. and I agree with you about that advertising. but lately I've switched to bagels in the morning. have you tried First National brand? they're a good thing...
have a great day Susan!

Scrappy Grams said...

They're the part in which the peanut butter oozes down into, yes? That's what I say any way. :) I buy mine at the bread surplus store; they're more than 60% off.

Cat @ No Wooden Spoons said...

I love mine as a mini pizza too! Great diptych and burnt sienna in both pictures!!

Danelle said...

Great dyptich! One of our favorite breakfasts around here.

lisa said...

It has been years since I have had an English Muffin, and I used to love them. This brings back wonderful memories of the mornings when I would have one each morning for breakfast. Definitely going to pick some up this week. Thank you for the memory!
This is a wonderful diptych!

Becky@ My Daily Journey said...

YUMMY!

Anita Johnson said...

I eat an English muffin every day for breakfast. The crannies are my favorite part...or so I thought? Maybe it's really the nooks I like.