Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 220/365

Woo-hoo time again for this week's scavenger hunt, hosted by the amazing Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos.  Consider joining the fun or just enjoying the fun by seeing what others have posted.










This week's scavenger items were:  High Key, Bedroom, Something Tiny, Off in the Distance, and Stripes.

Metallic
High Key:  I know a high key shot is to be void of shadows, so I don't think this hits the mark, but it's a try anyhow.  We got hit with some heavy snow this week, and after shoveling, a girl deserves a little liquid refreshment, right?


Red Dresser
{220/365} Bedroom:  I love this tall old dresser in my bedroom.  I remember when my Mom antiqued it back when I was a kid.  It truly is an antique now.


Spring
Something Tiny:  I don't know how these Stella D'Oro shoots survived through the snow this week....nature's way.  Tiny and tough.



Patterns
Off in the Distance:  Did me a little photo shoot on an abandoned RR Bridge earlier in the week.  Love the long leading line in this capture.  A vanishing point usually gives the sense of distance.

Shadow Stripes
Stripes:  Mother Nature's April Fools gift.  Did find a little beauty in the lines and shadow stripes on my back deck as the snow started to melt.  Yes, I'm cheering the melting.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what's happening in my neck of the woods.  Will tell you there was a lot of melting yesterday and we're scheduled for more today.  I'm good with that.

22 comments:

Katie said...

The the dresser in your bedroom shot! Also off in the distance is gorgeous!

mommy of Five said...

love your distance and stripes captures!

~✿~Icy BC said...

Gorgeous photos! The last two are my favorite!

Cat @ No Wooden Spoons said...

Oh I love the off in the distance shot! That dresser color and handle are beautiful!

Raymonde said...

Beautiful photos, I particularly like the one in the distance. xxx

Nicole said...

Ooh. I love your bedroom capture. I love everything about it. Your off in the distance capture really is great and I love the stripes in your "stripe" capture! Great work.

deb duty said...

That old bridge made a wonderful photo and I love your bedroom shot too. Beautiful photos!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. I hope your painting arrives soon. I'm dying to see what you think of it.

Anita Johnson said...

I love the railroad tracks...always captiviating!
For a change someone else has snow and we don't!

Brooke said...

What lovely photos this week Susan :D I love your train tracks shot. And boo - more snow. Grr. Keep cheering along the melting!!!

kbreints said...

I LOVE the off in the distance shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

I have so many favorites this week but I really love your off in the distance shot.

Pat Tillett said...

All of them beautiful! I really love the train trestle...

Melissa said...

That is a really cool high key shot! Great shots this week.

Susan said...

Hello fellow Susan. Lovely finds! I especially love your dresser shot, very creative and what great handles and color!

Great distance shot as well, it makes me want to balance on the train track and walk across to see what’s on the other side.

Tara said...

Great shots, love your off in the distance shot and stripes is very creative.

Captivus said...

Beautiful shots!

julie said...

All such beautiful shots!!! LOVE your bedroom shot - great dof. Also, your off in the distance is gorgeous!! What a great place to have a shoot! :)

Michelle said...

Great interpretations. Love the bedroom and the bridge!

Stefanie Brown said...

Love you distance shot! What character!

Miss Becky said...

I always learn something from your photos. with "bedroom" I like that you simply selected and isolated, rather than showing a wall or the whole room, whatever. my fave this week is High Key. it has it all.

Nat said...

Love your creative interpretation of stripes! how cool. great entries.