Pages

Followers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Connecting with the dear James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Can't wait to see what lovely image he has in store for us this week.  If you haven't taken the time to visit James' blog, you have missed a treat.....time to treat yourself.  Hey James, hope your back is feeling better this week.


Not a great week for reflections for me.  Usually I spot more, but I guess I was a smidge off my reflection game the past few days.  I did catch a couple nice snaps around town one evening before sunset.


Rogers Pond

There is melting happening 'round here....I took my dog for a little run around Roger's Pond one evening before sunset.  As we came around the corner the picnic pavillion was mirrored in the water where the ice has moved on.

Light Speed

After my dog had her exercise I set up my tripod to play with a little motion blur with passing traffic downtown.  I like this shot that's all about reflecting light with the passing SUV long gone.  Those little "x's" at the bottom are reflecting the hubcap pattern.  Very cool.

Those are my reflections this week.  Hope you have a great weekend in your part of the world.

10 comments:

Jack said...

Hey, both of these are great. The cars might even be a bit greater.

MacDougal Street Baby said...

I love how the ice breaks up the reflection on the pond. Really beautiful. I love the the motion blur. Gorgeous.

Sylvia K said...

I think these are terrific as always, Dorian! The first is looks like here in Seattle! Really love the movement and color in the second one! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Dyche Designs said...

Great shots . . . love the way the ice is drifting off revealing the reflection.

The motion blur image is fun.

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

I like them both!

'Tsuki said...

This first one is pretty as a jewel : I'm very fond of nature, so this kind of reflection are always welcome... But the second one is really amazing : the light reflection is so straight, so neat... You must have a lot of fun with your tripod...

jeannette said...

Even though your motion blur is ingeneous, my favorite is still your first pic with the subtle beauty and peaceful mood:)

James said...

Cool shots! Each one gave me an idea for some shots around here. All of our snow melted then it snowed this morning but the rain melted that too.

Have a great weekend!

Pat said...

I like the warm sepia colors of the shelter over the picnic tables as well as its reflection! Very nice composition.

The car shot is fantastic!

EG Wow said...

Neat reflection in the pond with some ice still there!