Pages

Followers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Weekend Reflections 231/365

Connecting with my blogger friend James over in Newtown PA for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Thanks James.

Was running a few errands in town the other afternoon when the windows at the local savings bank called out to me from the corner.  While not a very attractive building (in my humble opinion) on the exterior, it is nice inside....for those who have money to put in the bank after paying for groceries and gas.  The large bank of windows made for a little fun in the sun for yours truly-and that was free.

Rules
Look at all the damn rules and directions just to cross the street.  I could go back and forth quicker than someone could read all this.  See those big windows off in the distance?

McDonalds Window Reflections
Most of the time window reflections are pretty clear like this smaller window to the left of the large monster-sized windows.  Ol' Micky-Dees.  I think it's been at least 10 years since I had one of their burgers.  I'm fine with that.

Distortion
The large windows were fun because they had a distortion factor....look at the doubled droopy power lines and the double selfie reflection.  Cool.

Warpy Window Reflections
{231/365} Warpy Window Reflections
I wonder if anyone was on the other side of that glass thinking I was a crazy person.  Oh well.....hope I gave them a little laugh.

Have a happy weekend.



13 comments:

'Tsuki said...

Fantastic set of reflection here !

I just love the second picture : thoses lights look so... Well by just looking at it I have the impression of taking drugs without actually having taken any, which is quite perfect...

Ms. Becky said...

goofy and fun reflections Susan. I'm still laughing at all the crossing instructions. and wondering how much that sign cost. you'd think it would all be self-explanatory with the crosswalk light and all. I'm really liking the wavy reflections of that "crazy person". have a great weekend my friend.

James said...

Great shots! I like the lines and then the destortions in the lower photos.

I still have plenty of Newtown photos so I will still post them from time to time after I move.

Have a great weekend!

Scrappy Grams said...

Cool and unusual reflections! By the time, I'd read all the directions, I'd forget to which one I should be attentive! Really, they think this is helpful?

Sylvia K said...

Terrific reflections for the day and I do agree with you about the sign and directions! Are there really people that need that much instruction to cross a street??? I guess there are! I, too, find the distortions in the last photos to be really intriguing! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Dyche Designs said...

The sign is funny, that would have me really confused. Love the reflections you've captured, the distortions add a really cool effect.

Carol Blackburn said...

Love the sign, Susan......it would pose a problem for some I'm sure. Looks like you are out and about on these sunny days. Enjoy the sunshine!

Jamie said...

Wow - I love your reflection shots.

BJ Roan said...

I do like the distortions. I haven't seen a sign quite like that one. I would probably be run over by a car before I finished reading. Very nice series of reflections.

Karen said...

I love the distortion in the last two images.

snowwhite said...

Dancing power lines!! Your photos make me smile and happy! They look like avant-garde art. Thank you for visiting. Have a great weekend.

jennyfreckles said...

These are fun. I imagine all the office staff watched you - but it was worth it! I am amazed at the crossing sign. By the time you'd read all that the lights would have changed to stop again!

arabesque said...

stunning wavy reflections and confusing as it may be, i;m glad that the signs were there to remind the pedestrians and we certainly need that here, we don't have enough traffic awareness.