Pages

Followers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with California bound James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Great link to check out for lovely scenes from across the globe.  Don't know how James will out-do himself over last week when he posted that awesome reflection with William Penn towering nearby.  Makes me think that now that I've got the knack for finding reflections, I need to step up my game a little and make them more dynamic.


Concession Reflection
I suppose this shot isn't very dynamic, perhaps more "everyday".  Attended a playoff hockey game this week.  During a lull in the 2nd period I took a little stretch of the legs, and found this reflection.  So many people need their beer and snacks to make it through the game.


In the Crane's Shadow
Perhaps I need to give myself a touch of the dynamic credit for this shot.  The visual and conceptual contrast of the little independent lobster boat moored in the shadow of the towering cranes at the US Navy shipyard appeals and speaks.  Nice reflections too.

Have a wonderful weekend.


11 comments:

Dyche Designs said...

Great pics, I love that crane shot. So beautiful.

Tricia said...

WoW! Cool reflection shots, especially that 2nd shot... I love that lil boat out there in the water, like you said, in the shadows! Neat shot! =)

Sylvia K said...

Terrific reflections for the day! Love the last shot -- love those watery reflections! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Clytie said...

The boat/crane picture speaks volumes on it's own, and I like the people shot too!

BJ Roan said...

Seems like some people spend more time getting snacks, beer, and then heading out to the bathroom, instead of watching the game. Perfect reflection, plus love the reflection of the cranes.

Woody said...

Yes, the little lobster boats looks lost by that crane and it's reflection.

LauraX said...

these are wonderful!!

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the little lobster boat taking its rightful spot despite progress all around it. The photo taken at the hockey rink makes this Canadian somewhat nostalgic!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Lew said...

Love the lobster boat! That would be a great image even without the reflection.

Genie said...

Two really neat shots this week with the boat in the second picture really fine. Reflections like this one which are in color always excite me. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Ms. Becky said...

I think the concession stand reflection is very artsy. but definitely not fartsy. and the composition of the lobster boat photo is superb. I'm really liking the glassy-stillness of the water. your photos have a clarity to them that is very appealing. "appeals and speaks" can be said about any one of your photos. good shots Susan. add these two to my list. what list you say? oh, well, the one I'm keeping of all the photos of yours that I want. :)