Pages

Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekend Reflections 242/365

Linking up with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Great reflections from far and wide....take a look.

Been a foggy grey week for the most part.  The sun has surprised us now and then by making an appearance, but it's been predominantly overcast.  One morning I did get out early-let's be real, the pets woke me at 5 so by 6 I gave in and decided to run out to catch some snaps.  While I wasn't happy on the front side of that, by the time I was out and about shooting pics, I was content.  Perhaps pets know best.  Perhaps not-I'm missing some beauty sleep, but I did find some pretty reflections.

Bikes
Bikes
I've tried to salvage this quickly grabbed side mirror shot I overexposed.  You can see the fog off in the distance.  Something about this reminds me of films shot about WWII in Europe.  Lots of bicycles for getting around and doing that risky resistance work.


Red House
Red House
I'm pretty certain this was worth getting out of bed early for.


Still Morning
{242/365} Still Morning
And if that one wasn't....well this one was for sure.

Have a great weekend.  Thank you James.


22 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the way the last photo has such a geometric feel to it.

Lucy Corrander said...

I do, very much, like the top shot.

Lucy

Woody said...

Well, to round things out, I like the red house shot!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, you did get some wonderful reflections! The first one is a fun one and the last one is awesome! Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks as always for your visit/comment! Much appreciated!

Sylvia

Dyche Designs said...

Wow great reflections, love the red house shot.

Rosie said...

These are all great reflections! What a great reward for getting out early!

Tezzie said...

So lovely and peaceful...and just look at Spring finally having arrived!!! (what a winter, eh...?! ;D) Wonderful photos <3

jennyfreckles said...

Wonderful - I like the muted tones of these.

Ewa said...

nice reflection in that last shot!

James said...

Not just one or two but three excellent refections! Great stuff!

Kay L. Davies said...

Our dog thinks she knows best, and often wakes us up early, so maybe I'll send my husband out with his camera at 5am. ;o)
If he could get photos like these, it would be worth it. There is an area called "Riverside" not too very far from here, with waterfront homes...
I see what you mean about the cyclists in your side mirror. I think it might be the color of their sweaters, almost matching the gray fog.
The last photo is spectacular, but the Red House is my favorite.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

ρομπερτ said...

Your pictures are magic.

Please have a good weekend.


daily athens

snowwhite said...

Wow, they are great,great shots! All I need is pets like yours!! Lovely place to walk. Have a nice weekend.

Grandma J said...

I love how your photos tell a story.

Scrappy Grams said...

Love all your shots, but touches or red always make me smile. Have a restful weekend.

Greyscale Territory said...

O so beautiful! Love the rear vision photo, but my favourite is the last one! It looks likes a magical painting of a toy village!

'Tsuki said...

I like the first one : the blur of the speed all around the mirror make such a contrast with the neat of the reflection, that appears so quiet, so peaceful... It defines almost some kind of philosophy : road is more peaceful when you pedal, or something like that... Very nice. But all your picture are very pretty contributions ; the last one is so amazing !

Dianne said...

I say the pets did you a favor
wonderful shots that you would have missed
I love mirrir shots
and the town!!
what a pretty place

Ms. Becky said...

your reflection shots have a lot of emotion in them. I'd say they were all most certainly worth getting out of bed for. my fave is the side mirror one though...

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

I like the allusion to WW2 in the first shot! Many of my own shots exist
because of some frame of reference, or memory, in my head, besides posting for visual qualities. And the graffiti somehow works on the old
walls, the way those images seem to float....

awarewriter said...

Lovely images. The last one really grabs me.

Genie said...

This is one of those time there is a series of shots where I am unable to pick a favorite. These are all fabulous. The girls on their bikes in the sideview mirror, the red house and tree reflected in the water, and all of the homes with their twins in the canal. This is a fabulous post. Kudos.