Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

All Scavenged Out 266/365

Happy Sunday.  Becoming sort of a personal tradition to link up with Ashley for Scavenger Hunt Sunday each week.  I get my coffee, pop open my blog and start posting.  I rather like the laziness of it all compared with the regular work day routine.  Thanks Ashley. 

I'm also connecting with Kat over at Kat Eye View with a take on form.






This week's items were:  My Passion, Sound of Music, Inner Beauty, Ethereal, and Sharp.

Remember the Rudolph Christmas special?  I imagine they still play it every December....when I was little it was a "big deal".  When a show was called a special, it was truly special-it wasn't the regular routine on one of the 3 biggies- CBS, NBC, or ABC. This was prior to the remote control too-when you had to get your ass off the chair to flip the channel and surfing took no time at all.

Anyway, I digress (what else is new?).  I was thinking about Rudolph because of the island of misfit toys.  This week I feel like my photos are from the misfit island-that my images will be misfits in the linky-but I'm OK with that.  My photography voice is just singing in it's own key, playing it's own rhythm.  Thanks for bearing with me.



Skull Graffiti
Skull Graffiti

My Passion:  In shooting photos I have passion for many different things-RR tracks, yards, bridges, etc. and graffiti often get me charged up.  Combine the two and it's double bonus.   This shot of a moving freight train crossing a graffiti covered bridge was a big two-fer for me.  Misfit, I know. I'm sure I'll see a bunch of beautiful "passions" from the other scavenger hunt participants.  It's okay though; someone will understand.



Landon
Landon

Sound of Music:  My best friend's son.  Poised and accomplished at 18 ready for college.  Had no trouble hopping up on the stage and singing a few tunes at the BBQ.  I would be scared to.  What a wonderful gift at 18 to be assured in sense of self.



Hangin' in the Kitchen
Hangin' in the Kitchen

Inner Beauty:  I love Chuckie T's.  I think any girl/woman who wears them-especially with a skirt, has an amazing sense of inner beauty....she need not wear fancy shoes to say "I'm beautiful", because she already  knows she is inside.



Puff
Puff

Ethereal:  Don't know why a photo of a dandelion says ethereal to me, but.....
Will admit there are plenty visible ethereal reminders out in my back yard.



Sharp Form
{266/365} Sharp Form

Sharp:  My family operates a real estate business.  Tough sledding these days.  We've just been able to start new construction, a condominium complex (anyone looking to purchase?).  I keep visiting the site to gather photos....and found this circular group of nails in a window frame awaiting the nail gun.




29 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Really loving your sharp shot - I also really like your first shot. Great job this week!

Scrappy Grams said...

As always, your shots speak to my inner ear. :)

helena said...

fantastic set - somehow the challenges this week seem to be more varied and open to showing some personality quirks - which I'm loving as I come across them. Love the grafitti

Jessaca said...

I could not agree more with your inner beauty photo!!! Love your my passion photo!! Great details.
Enjoy your Sunday!!

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow! They are all awesome. I think my favorite is sharp but they are all great.

Crunchy Diva said...

your inner beauty photo is just PERFECT i love it

Carletta said...

There are no misfits here! I love them all!

I do particularly feel drawn to inner beauty (your words are so true) and that nail image is sharp in more ways than one.
I love how you put your words together and relate your thoughts. I do get drawn in at the beginning and stay right to the end.
Lovely post!

Carletta@Round The Bend

Linda R. said...

I have to agree with everyone else here.. I love your converse shot. Thats because that is all I wear. I take that back, I also love an old pair of cowboy boots I love to wear.. Your Ethereal shot is also wonderful.

Mira said...

sharp form rocks!!! :)

Rachelle said...

I really like those last two shots! Dandelions are ethereal because of their mystic - - are they puffy before the flower? After? How is it that they are so light and airy and they fly? And those nails? WOWZA.

Danelle said...

These are just great. I'm really loving the nails. So original and creative!

Katie said...

I love your dandelion shot! So pretty! :) Great job!

Katie

Anika said...

i am hoping to be able to Hunt next week! It is a fun challenge, especially with a cup of coffee;)

Love the sots especially the dandelion and nails!

La Principessa Errante said...

Just love, love, love the nail shot.

Anna said...

The nails are a nice example of form! Great focus on that capture!

Megan said...

Wow the dandelion picture is fantastic!

Phoenix Peacock said...

Love love the dandelion

Woody said...

I so love the graffiti on that train, look at the incredible details and the shading of the colors, awesome. Neat sequence.

The rusty nails hit home. I spent a good part of this weekend rehabilitating the framing of one of our garage doors. Seems the builder buried the bottoms of the 2x6's in concrete 20 years ago and they rotted, imagine that. Next weekend, I get to do the other.

Cedar said...

Wonderful set! I love your take on inner beauty! Love the your photos of the nails and the dandelion!

Kimberly from "bugaboo" said...

Beautiful! Love the sharp and ethereal shots.

Becky said...

I love the shoe shot!! I totally agree with the sentiment about a girl not needing fancy shoes.

Valeria said...

love the sharp interpretation. wonderful

Kat Sloma said...

I think both the dandelion and the nails are great examples of form. All of your images are wonderful. I especially love the texture and detail in the nail image. Thanks for linking in to Exploring with a Camera!

camaca said...

Great shots all of them!

Teagan said...

chuck t's!!! Fantastic shot.

And your passion shot - awesome. I love it.

Susan said...

Love them all, your passion shot is great, and the Chucks definitely show an inner beauty. Nicely done.

Brooke said...

Misfits? Nahh..... Try, AWESOMENESS! I adore your set. I loved each and every one. Ethereal and sharp are my favs. Keep it up Susan!

urban muser said...

sharp and ethereal are my faves! great shots.

lisa said...

Wonderful photographs for the prompts!!