Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 262,265,267/365

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt. 



This week's items were:  Classic Still Life, Self-Portrait, On the Floor, Lines, and Fresh

Pear {265/365}
{265/365} Pear
Still Life:  I'm hoping this shot will suffice.  I'm not drawn to still-life photography.  I applaud and admire those who are, but if I had to (and I don't) label myself or style it would be more toward photojournalism or landscape.  We've had a lot of grey and drizzle lately.  It might be time to embrace some still life to keep my options open.



Funky {262/365}
{262/365}  Funky
Self-portrait:  Playing in the mirror is always fun when it's raining outside.



New Sandals
New Sandals
On the Floor:  Well on the earth's floor.  Spring has causalities already.



Rails {267/365}
{267/365} Rails
Lines:  Good thing a train wasn't coming!



Berry Farm
Berry Farm
Fresh:  Patten's Berry Farm-always tempting to visit for fresh fruits, veggies, and plants.

Thanks for checking out my images this week.  It's always nice to have a visit.






21 comments:

helena said...

fantastic set - the line is stunning, love teh low perspective and the flowers on black and white are a great example of that effect

Crunchy Diva said...

as always i love your photos! your self portrait is awesome. i haven't gotten mine all done YET & i think part of the reason is the self portrait....lol

urban muser said...

well done! i love the selfie in the mirror.

Kindred Spirit said...

I have a thing for railroad tracks & triains...so love your *lines* shot :) All are quite fun :D

deb duty said...

Beautiful set of photos! The last two are my favorites. Really great shot of the berries. Such pretty colors and nice composition. Really interesting lines shot too. Great job this week. I enjoyed your photos very much!

RainCityGirl said...

These are all great! I love your perspective on the pear. Lines and berries, great!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Love the last 2 shots! And, those sandals are too cute.

Jessaca said...

Love your selfie, on the floor and lines!!
Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

LOVE the lines shot and your self portrait is rather creative.

theresabridget said...

Love your lines shot, something about rail road tracks, I just love them!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Susan, great shots. The one of the sandal and the dying flower makes quite a statement. I love the berry shot. May I have permission to copy it for future painting? :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

LOVE the funky selfie! great interpretation

Woody said...

I think the whole series is excellent, you have a keen eye for details.

Brooke said...

WOW! I love this set! Your lines shot is amazing. Loving the frest one too ;D Well done, my friend.

Jess said...

Okay, I just KNEW you were going to have a clever selfie! And you didn't disappoint me! :)

These are all wonderful. Love the low angle, perfect overcast dreary lighting and dof of your "lines".

But those blackberries! I want to reach right into your photo and grab a handful.

julie said...

LOVE every single one of them!! Your selfie is SO creative!! :)

Valeria said...

Great entries. i love Lines and Fresh and really enjoyed what you dii on self-portrait.

camaca said...

Amazing, I love your shots!

lisa said...

These are all wonderful photographs Susan. I just LOVE the third one here. Truly fantastic!!

Ms. Becky said...

this is a fabulous series. I see the toes repeated in the following shot of the rails. or am I nuts? I love it. I'm attracted to spot color in B & W photos and always wonder how that's done. love the selfie too - another thing you excel at.

JM said...

I love your photographs but the rail shot especially caught my attention. Fantastic detail shot! Well done.