Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 246/365

Linking with the always delightful Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Definitely a fun link-try it out and see.  I'm also connecting with Kat over at Kat Eye View with an addition for Exploring with a Camera.  My first time linking with Kat, and hopefully will have a chance to often.






This week the topics were Architecture, Rimmed w/Light, Toes or Feet, This is my Favorite, Shade (s).


This week was an odd one for me.  Some days I'd be super motivated and take many photos, other days I was not and took only a few.  Hot and cold.  Fire and ice.  Up and down....ok you get it. Since I started my 365 (and today I'm on day 248) one day this week I only took 3 photos, the fewest I've taken since the on-set.  That's a scary place to be on the 365; doesn't leave much in the way of choices....but I also didn't fall off the 365 wagon. And the next day I took almost 400....you're getting the hot and cold thing, yes?   Ok I'll move on.


South Church
Architecture:  South Church sits at the end of a side street in Kennebunkport.  As you turn the corner it draws you down the street.  Unfortunately lots of telephone/electric wires cut across the view, so I took this funky twist POV....and no wire cropping.



On the Wharf
Rimmed w/Light:  Don't you know as soon as "rimmed with light" was the topic, well....it's been a week full of fog and overcast skies.  A couple evenings ago we had the first really nice day of the season.  I was lucky enough to be in a great spot as the sun was heading down and caught this candid.  Like to see more light, but it's a start.




Paws
Toes or Feet:  OK this is just weird, but I kind of like it.  My cat is older and can't jump up to sit on the bar stools in my kitchen-where she'd like to be.  I posted a great photo of her face here, earlier this week.


Serendipity
{246/365} Serendipity
This is my Favorite: (for now)  What's not to love?  This is practically SOOC...just slight levels and color balancing.  Wow....no wonder I took nearly 400 photos that day.



Before Coffee
Shade(s):  This was the most difficult of this week's topics.  I wasn't sure what to do with it.  I met my best friend for breakfast one morning and shot this while I was waiting for her (and my coffee) to arrive.


Thanks so much for stopping by and viewing my pics and reading my blah, blah, blah.  Always appreciate having a visitor.  Happy Sunday.




20 comments:

deb duty said...

Wow! Your favorite photo is gorgeous! I love the architecture shot too. Nice perspective.

Linda R. said...

Such great shots this week.. I know exactly how you feel with the 365 day shots. I am the same way.. Some days I get a ton of shots.. Other days I am luck to get of 1 shot..

I love your architecture shot The angle is so cool. But I do love all your shots this week..

Mum of Monsters said...

Beautiful pictures. I really like your architecture shot

Lizzy said...

Your toes/feet shot made me laugh out loud. I love your favorite shot.

Carla Hutchins said...

I always love your pictures. That photo of the church is stunning.

Katie said...

Great shots this week! Love Toes/Feet and your Architecture shot!

Gunsside said...

Nice shots, and your favorite is just beautiful ;))

Ashley Sisk said...

Wow - you had quite a week for photography. I am really loving them all. That first shot is amazing...the rimmed with light is beautiful and your favorite shot is gorgeous!

lisa said...

Fantastic interpretations for the prompts Susan!
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

cwitgo said...

The rimmed with light is just stunning. The light is wonderful. We've had a lot of gray and overcast too. I'm hoping that changes soon.

Amber said...

Very nice shots!! The rimmed with light shot fits the theme wonderfully.....it can be a hard one to accomplish.

Great idea for the shade.

Woody said...

I like the light rimmed shot the best. I've been very 'off' myself, in a funk. It was a beautiful weekend, but I had no substantive time for photography :-(

Through the Lens of Kimberly Gauthier said...

These are really beautiful shots. You did an amazing job.

rebekah said...

The boat is just brilliant! Serendipitous indeed!

Kat Sloma said...

Gorgeous shots, all. Thanks so much for linking in to Exploring with a Camera! I love the sunset light you captured in your rimmed with light shot. The whole scene has a beautiful glow.

Buckeroomama said...

That sunset (sunrise?) shot is absolutely stunning! I LOVE it.

Sheila said...

Great Shots, your rimmed with light is amazing!

Brooke said...

I think we all have our ups and downs. Whatever you are doing though, keeep it up because these are AMAZING. I adore your boat shot. WOW. And your architecture is so interesting.
Well done ;D

My Captivating Images said...

:) Very nice! Kudos on the 365. Another fail on my second attempt. I started out strong but then had computer problems and well..... LOL! :)

Ms. Becky said...

you've served up a real smorgasbord here. isn't that a strange word? they're all so lovely. my fave is the one of Princess's feet. I love the perspective. simply put: BEAUTIFUL. and the sunset with that lone boat is fantastic too. I also really like how you converted the shades to B & W. It works really well and the softness is a plus. I'll say it again - you live in a beautiful area.