Pages

Followers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Today 249/365

Linking over at Communal Global with my today....what's yours?  




Coming In
Coming in to the Harbor


Docking
{249/365} Docking the Skiff


Now that it's spring, this looks like a job that might be "fun"...being out on the water, under blue skies, wind in your hair, smell of the salty air.....

I must remember how difficult this work is when it's winter, out on the water, under grey skies, wind chill in your face....

I guess that takes all the romance right out of it.  Hard work, no matter what time of year, despite how delightful and enticing it looks today.

Balance and perspective...there's always a flip side, both good and bad.

That's my take on today.  Hope your today is wonderful.

7 comments:

Clare B said...

Hopefully there were some good fish in their catch too!

Woody said...

Something about that sea air that makes me hungry!

Ashley Sisk said...

You're right - it definitely looks like fun now but I bet it's hard work in the colder months.

Jamie said...

Maybe it is just my mood, but it still looks cold out there to me.

Keetha Broyles said...

The season may be s _ _ _ _ _, but those pictures look like it's still plenty chilly and that boater is wearing a heavy jacket.

That's what it's still like here too.

Tamar SB said...

These are great! Love the bright blue water!

Tamar

Karin said...

That first picture is so beautiful! You are absolutely right ofcourse, about the flip side to everything. This day brings me lots of silent salutes, since we remember the death of world war 2 today here in The Netherlands. I hope your day will be wonderful!