Pages

Followers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Wondering if James is on the road towards CA as of yet or still in beautiful downtown Newtown PA.  Where ever he is, I hope he's safe and well.

Here in Maine-as like much of New England it's been a dreary and grey week with very few photo ops, no sunsets, and little to make one want to wander outside except for necessity.  I'm reaching back a week and a half or so to share some reflections I captured one nice evening while in Portsmouth NH just over the Maine border. 

Portsmouth is an old "port" city, full of quaint shops, great restaurants, a vibrant art community, and lovely scenes along the river.  I have fun each time I visit (which is often) and especially when my focus is on photos.  Here are a couple catches from that night.


Shoe Reflections
Shoe Shop Reflections

If it's not in a catalog, I'm generally not buying.  I'm not much of a shopper, but I do appreciate a pretty store front, especially if it offers reflections.


Soup Reflections
Soup Reflections

I'd be more inclined to let someone in this shop take my money more so than the last.  I love the clarity of the old buildings across the street.


Crane at Dusk
Crane at Dusk

Many places along the river are still "working waterfront"....like this crane near the large salt piles.
What is it about cranes that I find appealing?  Don't know.  I guess they're kind of like the giraffes of the construction vehicles. 

Wishing you a happy weekend with plenty of reflection opportunities.

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific reflections for the day!! Like you, I'm not a "store shopper", but it's nice when they lovely reflections like these! Hope you've had a good week and wishing you a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Karen said...

Great reflections! I am a shoeaholic, so I would spend my money in the first shop.

camaca said...

I adore the reflections in a image. ;)

Dyche Designs said...

Beautiful reflections, have a wonderful weekend.

Scrappy Grams said...

About the crane, maybe you like it because it leads your eyes toward the heavens. My fave of these is the reflections of the brick buildings. May you have a sunny weekend.

Kay L. Davies said...

Love the shoe shop reflections. I have some of those waiting to be posted, too. LOL
Yes, the buildings in the second photo are wonderfully clear. Good work!
And I like "giraffes of construction vehicles"! Nicely put.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

LauraX said...

beautiful reflections! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit:-)

Jenny Woolf said...

There's a lot of beauty hidden in industrial scenes, and we don't appreciate it till it's gone

urban muser said...

gorgeous reflections. i love the second one.

Carletta said...

You found some terrific reflections on your walk!
I love the name of the shoe store.
The second shot is my favorite. I like the line of the buildings and that peeling paint grabs my attention.
You seemed to have found a perfect sunset to end your day as well - beautiful color!

'Tsuki said...

I just love the one with the crane : the colors of the sunset are gorgeous on it !

snowwhite said...

The pretty store front pleases the eye. Lovely reflections on it too. This street is elegant, being lined with old beautiful buildings. The crane also looks like the long neck of a crane too.
Have a nice weekend.

Mira said...

I love reflections too! Actually, this post reminded me that I need to prepare reflection photos this weekend for my upcoming photo club assignment. :) Soup reflections one is great!

Magda said...

I love the second one ! Great pictures !!! And thank you very much for your comment on my blog :)