Pages

Followers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with the itinerant James for this week's Weekend Reflections.


Been having trouble commenting on other's posts...I think maybe that has cleared for now.  I wonder what little wrench Blogger might have next week.  Keeps a girl guessing.  Forgive me if I'm unable to make a visit to your site.

Got a little "mixed bag" of reflections this week....which also keeps a girl guessing, or wondering...  what the hell am I doing all over the place?  We've just come out of a dreary grey drizzly spell with a couple of sunny days so I was out covering all my bases.  Seems as if the rain, grey and drizzle are back.  I'm trying to be thankful it's not snowing and I'm definitely thankful there are no tornadoes...but a little sun now and then feeds the soul.  Just sayin'.



Walk Talk
Walk-Talk

It seemed like everyone around was in a better mood with a spring in their step when the sun made an appearance for the first time in ages the other morning.  These two women were across the little frog pond from me having a lively walk and talk.



Two Times
Two Times

It's about a 1/4 mile loop around the pond and on my 3rd trip I snapped this lovely reflection.  Good thing.  The wind came up just after that and the 4th time around the mirror effect was gone.


Window
Window

I love me a good old abandoned building.  I've visited this one once before, but the other evening I went 'round the back and found more broken dreams.

Sunglass Display
Sunglass Display

OK, so we haven't needed these much, but I thought the reflections were pretty cool.  Who doesn't like to see themselves over, and over, and over, and over?


Focused Reflections
Focused Reflections

I think this is my favorite this week....my nephew who is not allowed much TV was coloring and checking out the Belmont horse race last weekend.  He chose Mucho Macho Man, and my niece chose the jockey in the pink shirt with polka dots.  If I'm fessing up, had there been a photography inspired name for one of the horses, I would have selected that one.  It's just how things go.

Have a wonderful weekend.  I hear there might be sun at some point.

14 comments:

Ewa said...

nice set of shots! my favourite has to be the trees: Two Times

Linda Makiej said...

Wonderful reflections!!!

Kim, USA said...

I know what you mean something is wrong with blogger all my followers are gone. Hope nothing serious just like what happened last two weeks ago. Love your photos thanks for sharing!

Weekend Reflection

Scrappy Grams said...

I always love nature's reflections, but I really do like the sunglasses' reflections!

Rajlakshmi said...

the first two reflection just took my breath away ... absolutely stunning :D
beautiful captures :D

Reflection

Sylvia K said...

I love your reflections for the day -- particularly that second shot of the trees and the mirror image on the water! Awesome! Hope you have a sunny, beautiful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Woody said...

The shot of your nephew is great, but the abandoned building is my favorite. Hopefully our sun will make it your way, it was 90 today and same thing for tomorrow. Too hot, too soon, but it beats cold and rainy!

Michelle said...

Great photos! I've been having trouble, too, but I found a way around it until Blogger has a fix. I posted it on my blog. It worked for me...hope it helps you as well.

Crunchy Diva said...

lovely photos as always. i'm with you & love old abandoned buildings.

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm with Woody. I like the one of your nephew, a lot, but I love "broken dreams" for broken windows in abandoned buildings. It takes them from the realm of mindless vandalism to a much more poignant place.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

urban muser said...

i love that first shot! hope you get some more sun soon.

Rinkly Rimes said...

The sunglasses display is eye catching but the window is my favourite.

Anonymous said...

If it's possible to excell in reflections, you do. Great series of photos.
Anita Johnson

Ms. Becky said...

I agree with Anita, previous commenter. I think my fave is the abandoned building window, but I really love the Two Times too. you have a great eye for reflections.