Pages

Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wordless Wednesday in B and W 248,250/365

Linking with Rachel for Wordless Wednesday, but with Words over at "and then she {snapped}"...what a great blog name.  I can totally relate to both meanings. 



and then, she {snapped}


While I appreciate black and white photos, I don't think to use them too often, and I'm not sure I have a sense when a black and white image might be a better choice than a colorful one.  Over the last few days however I've, without any thought, processed some photos in black and white.  Now of course, I'm wondering why-while in the same breath just thinking "oh go with it".  Less thinking more doing.  Thought I'd share.

Repetition
Repetition
A quick snap while I was sitting at a stop sign


Narrow
{248/365} Narrow
I have a thing for RR stuff and for graffiti.


Third Floor Sheers
{250/365} Third Floor Sheers

Of the 3 shots this is my favorite.  There was something so somber about this sheer casually swaying on a light breeze.

Little Boat
Little Boat

This one is not black and white, but has a desaturated feel....thought I'd throw it in.  It seems to fit with the mood.  I love this reflection.

Thank you for taking a peek at my images today.  Hope your Wednesday has pleasant uplifting words somewhere along the way.



11 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Very neat shots - I think it's your lighting. Creates a mysterious mood. Love that!

Woody said...

Nice monochromes. I'm partial to repetition and narrow.

Dyche Designs said...

That third shot is my favorite too, great images.

Barb said...

You have a great 'eye' for it I think!

Jamie said...

Stunning

Carol Blackburn said...

Susan, you photos are lovely. Hope things are good in your neck of the woods.

Ms. Becky said...

I'm looking at these and thinking "wow, her practice practice practice of 365 is really paying off". I love your black and whites. and more often than not, when I take a shot thinking it will look great converted, it doesn't. but you've captured some really good stuff here. Just in case you don't, I see a lot of growth in your photos. A-mazing.

Scrappy Grams said...

I love your b&w shots! I love texture; I think it is emphasized better in b&w.

Courtney said...

These are all fantastic! But I absolutely love the last one!

Mira said...

very nice! the first and last shot are my favorite! :)

lisa said...

I think these are beautiful Susan!
I especially like the third and fourth ones.
So perfect in black and white.