Pages

Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Daisy Exchange

Linking with Lisa over at the Creative Exchange to share my heartfelt photos from last weekend. 







What I like best about Lisa's link, it makes me really consider the difference between when I'm shooting photos because I know they'll be pretty/scenic/have lovely colors/etc or when I'm shooting because something inside gets sparked and inspired.  Maybe most photographers don't have issue with that, but coming from a musical point of view and trying to turn that into a visual point of view-often I'm still perplexed by that.  

I knew almost instantly when a piece of music was to my liking-when what I was listening to or singing was making me feel.....but it's not always as clear when taking images.  So, when I link with Lisa I try to make it with photos that I know I was moved to take.

On Saturday I traipsed across a neighbor's lawn to unexpectedly find a huge patch of wild daisies.  Daisies are not necessarily my favorite, but this large bunch moved me immediately.  The caretaker had carefully mowed all around them and left them standing tall next to the scenic ocean.  I couldn't not take photos of them....they were drawing me in. Perfect fodder for the Creative Exchange.

Along the Shore
Along the Shore


Yellow Cottage
Yellow Cottage


Green Boat
Green Boat

Fly
Fly


Never Know
Never Know (if he loves me or not)


Harborside
Harborside


Diagonal Daisies
Diagonal Daisies

Tall Daisies
Tall Daisies



Inspiration
Inspiration









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, ahh my favorite flower the daisy.
Lovely photos....looks like you are enjoying the great weather.
Carol B.

lisa said...

Susan, I have been through these five times trying to select a favorite, and it is so difficult, but I think I will go with the first one!

Thank you so much for sharing these today at The Creative Exchange. The thoughts you describe here when you are shooting something for The Creative Exchange is just what I had in mind when I started it. Just perfect!

Have a wonderful evening my friend!

lisa.

Ms. Becky said...

I agree with Lisa, it is difficult to choose a favorite, so why do we? you know Daisey is my kitty's name. with an e, because she likes to be different and insisted on that. these photos are so clearly from your heart.

missing moments said...

Lovely pictures .... especially the harbor in the background!

Pat said...

These are all such lovely photos! Imagine - a field of daisies and the ocean too? Heaven!