Pages

Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exchanging Creative Thoughts 271/365

Linking with Lisa at the Creative Exchange.  Thanks for providing the venue-or as my Dad likes to say when leaving a friend's home after dinner or gathering "thanks for the use of the hall".  It works.





I'm having a hard time keeping up with the processing of my photos.  I imagine as I keep doing it, and learning more tricks, I'll get faster at it, but for now, it seems to take a lot of time.  Today I wanted to share some pics I took about a week ago-before the Memorial Day weekend-the left side bookend of summer-in neighboring Old Orchard Beach, ME

Many area seaside towns are quaint, quintessential, and picturesque....and tourist magnets that turn to ghost towns come winter.  OOB is also a tourist magnet, but has a more honky-tonk personality.  Amusement rides, loud nightclubs beside Mom & Pop seaside motels that have forever existed, pizza slices, and pier fries.  More carnival atmosphere and beer, less lobster and white wine.  Each flavor has it's place on the spice shelf.

I rarely visit OOB-yet it's only 1/2 drive away.  I'm more inclined to find a quiet retreat than to choose the bustle of crowds.  I was happy to visit just before the season started....before the craziness...on a cloudy late afternoon mid-week.  I think that was my visit for the summer.  Thanks for taking a little visit with me.

Before the Season
Before the Season



Beach Bagels
Beach Bagels



Treasure Seeker
Treasurer Seeker



Harold's
Harold's



Crest Motel
Crest Motel



Little Bird
Little Bird



Elephant Ride
Elephant Ride



Should I?
{271/365} Should I?






13 comments:

Woody said...

Looks like a perfect place to visit off season. I think the 'beach bagels' mural is awesome. I really enjoy these collections!

lisa said...

Thank you so much for sharing these today at The Creative Exchange Susan. The only times I have been to Old Orchard Beach have been in the summer, and as you say, it surely looks quite different then. It is so nice to see it during the quiet time.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Anika said...

I know what you mean about falling behind in processing...makes for some fun in the future though, eh?
PS-That little birdie is so precious looking, too cute!

Crunchy Diva said...

i love the abandoned look before the 'season' starts. that mural is so well done! great shots!

Scrappy Grams said...

That's the only way I enjoy touristy places any more. Each year says to my body and brain...quiet, please. Thanks for the trip there!

Carol Blackburn said...

LOL It took me awhile to get it. I thought you were asking should you push him in. LOL Guess this tornado warning stuff has got me all mixed up right now. We are ready!
I took a copy of this to paint......thank you!

Jamie said...

Great shots - love that last one - it just speaks to me.

I'm with you on keeping up with processing - I just can't do it.

Ms. Becky said...

yeah, the old processing backlog. I'm in the weeds. the first photo of OOB is a classic. I would want to ride that roller coaster. my favorite of the bunch is the fun elephant - it speaks to me. but that "Hawk" isn't bad...
this spot sort of reminds me of our own Wisconsin Dells only with more class. great shots Susan.

camaca said...

The last shot is very well done!!!!!

Pat said...

Great group of atmospheric shots! I like the quiet of the off-season.

Anonymous said...

I'm always overwhelmed with the editing. The delete button is my best friend...I'm always saying to myself, "Which photo is best...do you like this enough to edit? "
It's always something. (-:
And I used to be happy just sending them to Walgreens! (-:
Anita Johnson
I still cannot get Blogger/Google to work right.

urban muser said...

looks like a nice place. i agree, i'd prefer it without the crowds too :)

Tezzie said...

You have a true talent capturing candids of people!!! I love your treasure seeker, and the thoughtful surfer photo is absolutely gorgeous!