Pages

Followers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Fave on Friday 286/365

Linking up with "Favorite Shot of the Week" a new photo contest...why not? and also with Jen for "Fabulous Friday" which somehow I've missed the last couple weeks....not to say that my Fridays haven't been fabulous.  Maybe saying I haven't been fabulous in getting a post done.  Better luck this week I see.



About a week ago, I did something "stoopid" and fell of the stoop in my garage.  Mostly it was about not paying attention-I mean, how much attention does one need to pay to feeding the dog?  It's not like its a difficult recipe or anything. 

Well it was a pretty nasty fall and I totally blew out my right ankle-which ballooned up my whole foot like double ordinary size with a plethora of ugly bruises as pure bonus.  I'm all about the very attractive black air-brace now.

Therefore, photo taking this week has been kind of odd for me.  I am an "out and about" photographer.  Not so much one to shoot items inside my house-but to drive around until something says "wow".  I find myself in all kinds of weird places.  This week I've still done that but haven't been able to go tramping through a field, climb over beach rocks, take walks on RR tracks, crawl under bridges, or walk anywhere long distance once I find the wow thing. 

But I did find this up in the sky....and could pull into a nice easy and level parking lot to have a go at it. I was filling a prompt for "edge" and loved the rim of light at the edge of the clouds.


Orange Colored Sky {sh87}
{286/365} Orange Colored Sky


Ankle is starting to feel a bit better.  A little less hob in my hobble.  Back on the trail in another week I bet, so no worries.  Have a happy Friday and a fabulous one too.

12 comments:

Dyche Designs said...

I absolutely love this image. I think it might be one of my all time favorites. Love, love, love it. Sorry to hear about your ankle, hoping it recovers soon. Hugs x

Ashley Sisk said...

I hope that heals soon - no fun. But the sky is gorgeous!

deb duty said...

What a beautiful sky shot! Love it!

urban muser said...

hope your ankle feels better soon!

Woody said...

I hope your ankle hears soon, lovely sky, for sure.

Must be one of those weeks. I woke up Sunday morning and my left ring-finger was swollen beyond belief - so much so that I had to cut my wedding ring off!

Kay L. Davies said...

Dreadful about your ankle, and amazing you're still driving (are you sure it wasn't the left foot?) but finding this "edge" shot was worth pain and discomfort, I'm sure. It is stunning! And the color...wow!
Take care of yourself. Don't want to go re-hurting that foot.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

AJ Kreations said...

That is a great capture!

Mari said...

This is just stunning! Hope your ankle heals fast.

em said...

Beautiful shot! Have a fabulous weekend yourself!

Abi said...

So much to write, where to begin?
1. So sorry to hear about your ankle- I hope you heal up quickly so you can get back to exploring.
2. I love your sense of humor about it! I had to laugh when you said "...less hob in my hobble" is it wrong to laugh about that?
3. Your sunset photo is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Seriously. If I captured something even close to that in my lifetime, I would die happy :)

Laloofah said...

I'm sure sorry you sprained your ankle (as a complete klutz who has done that several times, I completely empathize with both your pain and your ankle brace fashion statement), but if it's what led to your getting that breathtaking, stunning, spectacular sunset photo, then dare I say it was totally worth it! That photo is just amazing!

I hope your hobble is history by now.

Misty said...

Congrats! Your photo was selected for the top 5 from Favorite Photo of the Week! Be sure to stop by and get your button. http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/2011/06/favorite-photo-of-week-winners_15.html