Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scavenger Time 287, 293, 295/365

Linking with the talented Ashley Sisk for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Click on through and join the fun. 








 
This week's items were:  Emotion, From a Flower's Point of View, Natural Frame, Letters, and Bliss



One Word {sh 32}
One Word {287/365}
Emotion:  While I appreciate textures, I don't do a lot of them myself.  When I am moved to use them, Kim Klassen's textures always work for me.  A while ago she shared this one called "one word", and I think it's my all time fave.  There are all kinds of emotional and inspirational words throughout.  Thanks Kim.  If you are new to working with textures-Kim's classes are fantastic and helpful....click on the link to drop in to her site.



First Rose
First Rose {295/365}
From a Flower's POV:  I love rosa rugosa aka beach roses.  They grow easily around here and delight with pink and white blooms all summer.  I can't stop taking photos of them.  This is my first shot of one for summer 2011, surely not the last.


Windy
Windy
Natural Frame:  Had to reach back a couple weeks for a natural frame shot.  I suppose tree limb at the top is a cliche frame, but  I love the grasses moving in the wind.  A fortunate moment from roadside.




Reb Tracks
Reb Tracks
Letters:  Oh how nice to have a legit excuse to share graffiti.  Love it.  They even lettered (poorly) along the edge of the tracks.

Moonlight
Moonlight {293/365}
Bliss:  I'd never taken moon shots before...and believe I still have a lot to learn about doing so, but I had a great time trying.  A balmy evening, full moon, wind, water, reflecting light-10 p.m.on a "school" night, me, a tripod...I'm thinking that's bliss.

Thanks for stopping in and viewing my finds.  Now off to breakfast with the world's best father.  Have a great day!!

18 comments:

Dawn said...

Very cool photos! I especially love the Natural Frame picture, what a beautiful area and beautiful shot!

Christineellen said...

Great shots! I really like letters!

Stefanie Brown said...

What a creative letters shot. It's great!
Have a blessed Sunday!

deb duty said...

These are all such beautiful photos. I love that texture too but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. I love your take on letters and that moonlight is stunning!

Allison Hoffman said...

beautiful photos - your bliss is pure bliss!! great job!

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful, beautiful photos, all of them. I've never seen Rosa Rugosa, but your close-up is a beauty. And breakfast with the world's best father sounds like bliss, too.
After our dad died, I was talking to my much-younger brother about the days when my other brother and I were young. I said, "Clint and I always thought we had the world's best dad" and Rob replied, "You're right, we did."
How fortunate some of us are!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Amanda Bennett said...

I love all of these! Great job!!

Ms. Becky said...

you captured that moonlight at 10 pm? that photo is off the dial on the wow meter. and the light on those rose petals is other-worldly. your scavenger hunts are one of the highlights of my week.

Miriam said...

Your pictures are really, really, beautiful. I love the moon on the water so muchx

Ashley Sisk said...

I seriously have way too many favorites this week - you really rocked it out. Gorgeous work girl!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

These are fantastic, Susan. I really love that last shot!

Woody said...

Nice 'scavenge'! The moonlight is awesome and I love the 3D graffiti.

Linda R. said...

I love the way you put the texture on that first photo. Looks great.

Jessaca said...

Oh your natural frame is AWESOME!!! Great letter shot also!!
Enjoy your day

Jess said...

I love your "natural frame" windy photo, because it feels like home to me. I can also appreciate your "bliss" photo... I've done a bit of night-time sky shooting, and no matter whether it's -20F in the dead of winter, or in summer with mosquitoes attacking... it's always bliss.

lisa said...

Great photos for the prompts!
I especially love the textured one. You did beautiful work on that!

Susan said...

Hello fellow Susan. Great finds! I especially love your moonlit shot, truly blissful. Oh, and that rose? Divine!

Valeria said...

Bliss is my favorite. What a great capture