Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Had a busy day today...so entering my post in the evening.  I usually do this as a Sunday morning routine.  I'll have to see how I like it at the other end of the day. 




This week's items were: Long Exposure, Shape(s), Green, Fruit, and Childhood Memory.

View Toward Sea
View Toward Sea
Long Exposure:  I know what's meant by long exposure....did I get around to taking one?  No.
How about this long line with exposure at it's end of the ocean?  Will that cover me for a bit?


Tibetan Tingsha
Tibetan Tingsha
Shape(s):  These Tibetan meditation chimes are not only beautiful visually, but their sound is beautiful as well.  I don't know what the shapes on them represent, but they seem to fit with "shape".


Two Young Lads
Two Young Lads
Green:  I love this photo....it's one I took on an unseasonably warm evening in early May but hadn't had time to share.  I was glad to catch these two noticing the sunset....as a kid, I don't think I'd have given it a thought.



Strawberries
Strawberries
Fruit:  I love fresh berries in the summer months.  The rest of the fruits I can totally pass on, but hard to resist temptation like this.


Casco Bay Ferry
Casco Bay Ferry
Childhood Memory:  I caught the "Island Romance" tied at the pier Friday evening in Portland, ME.  It reminded me of a summer day my mother took my brother and me to visit a dear friend of hers vacationing on one of the islands in Casco Bay.  I think it was the only time we took the ferry but the distinct yellow and white paint colors remind me of that long ago day from childhood each time I see them.  I should make a trip to one of the island this summer....always fun.

Those are my find for the week.  Can't believe tomorrow is Monday already!  How does that keep happening?


10 comments:

Jessaca said...

Great set of photos this week!! Really great interpretaion for long exposure...very creative!!
Enjoy your Sunday!!

Ashley Sisk said...

Love the last shot - beautiful. I also love your green shot. I wonder what they're thinking about.

Buckeroomama said...

I love the shot you got of the two boys... not often you catch boys standing still like that.

Those Tibetan meditation chimes are intriguing. Now I wonder what they sound like. :)

Linda R. said...

WOW!! such great shots this week.. I love your green shot.. Like Ashley says, It does make you wonder what they are thinking..

lisa said...

Fantastic photographs Susan.
I just love the one of the two boys watching the sunset.
I hope your weekend has been a wonderful one!

Marcy said...

I love the one of the boys, too. I have two boys who are one year apart, and some of my favorite photos of them are when they are still and thoughtful together.

Valeria said...

I do love the shot with the boys.. great

Kay L. Davies said...

To be able to photograph two boys that age, who aren't moving, but are possibly feeling moved — fabulous!
I like the last shot, too. I can never resist ships or boats in the water.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Cedar said...

These are all fantastic! Love the green shot and the warm color on their faces!

Woody said...

I enjoy your interpretations, neat ferry shot. I love berries, too. I'm exhausted - we hosted a graduation open house for my oldest son.