Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 257, 274/365

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday....yay.




Yay Sunday; coffee; sun; relaxed pace; parent's took the dog for the weekend :), yay for all those things.  Yay even more my bestest friend ever in the whole world is being ordained an interfaith chaplain today.  I can't wait to be there to witness it all.  Yay all around.

This week's scavenger hunt topics:  HOT, HOT, HOT, Finding Form, Front Page of the News, Chore, and Beads....and here we go.

Mussels
{274/365} Mussels
HOT, HOT, HOT:  Went out to dinner a few nights back.  My friend ordered the spicy mussels that were steaming hot when they came to the table.  A good sport she let me take a couple snaps before diving in.  I understand they were delicious....so were the margaritas.


Randy
Randy
Finding Form:  My dear friend Randy.  Yesterday was concert day and he and I weren't singing just West African drumming a few numbers-there was some downtime.  I like this shot that includes the tops of the rows of pews between us-and doesn't he have like the BEST hair? 


The News {257/365}
{257/365} The News
Front Page of the News:  I snapped this a month or so ago when unrest in Syria was in the headlines.  The photo is so striking-I wish it were mine, but am glad to have a legit reason to share.


Painting the Deck
Painting the Deck
Chore:  Please note that the first 4 letters of this photo's title express my feeling about this annual chore.


Water Beads
Water Beads
Beads:  Stretching outside what I think beads are-don't you love how interpretation can work in your favor sometimes?  Local farm stand turns on the sprinklers late day.....lots of fun when you can catch the beads of water with the sun.

Those are my takes.  Thanks for taking the time to sneak a peek.  Can't wait for next week's list.



21 comments:

Megan said...

I like your interpretation of beads! And I love your chore shot too!

Crunchy Diva said...

great photos as ALWAYS! i love your HOT HOT HOT & beads photo, but they are all great. you always have such interesting and unique interpretations.

Bethany Hanna Louise said...

I like those photos. Very cool :)

Susan said...

Hello fellow Susan. I find painting a pain as well! It seems I have endless paint projects around our home. I LOVE your water beads shot! Great shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all so wonderful - I especially love your last two shots!

Marla said...

I love your chore shot. And I hate painting, too. Lol.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

LeAnn said...

very cool! I love your chore photo.

Anonymous said...

Great shots Susan.....those mussels are making me salivate. You have to tell me the name of the restaurant so hubby and I can get some when we are in the area shopping. Question for you -
"why haven't you posted a video of your drumming group?" I know I'd like to see and hear them. Just something to think about.
Still only able to post as Anonymous so I will sign this comment as -
Anonymous a.k.a. Carol
limitedspaceartstudio

Kay L. Davies said...

Painting the deck is a pain, I agree. I love the beads of water, too. And your friend becoming an interfaith chaplain, how wonderful is that? Fabulous!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Becca said...

Hi Susan, that shot of the mussels is making me hungry! I love that shot and the bead shot looks so cool, almost feel like running through that on a hot summer day.

Linda R. said...

Your shots look amazing. That first shot looks so yummy..

urban muser said...

wow, love the steam coming off the mussels. and your friend is a gem for letting you take photos and not thinking you are crazy :)

Anika said...

What a fabulous collection this week!! The rain drops is so full of motion, very pretty. But the paint can and brush is such a great photo!!
PS-made me want to eat some mussels ;) Yummmm...

Dyche Designs said...

Love those, especially the painting the deck one. Hope you had a great weekend.

Valeria said...

I love your CHORES shot, it is just great

Phoenix Peacock said...

All great captures. I love the chore shot!

rebekah said...

Love the chore shot. What a great photograph. I also love your take on beads - what a sight!

lisa said...

These are all so perfect for the prompts Susan!
It is hard to chose, but I am going to go with "Finding Form," and Randy's hair!!
Beautifully interpreted!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos and wish i had his head of hair too. Thank you for the comments tip about internet explorer. I had just upgraded to IE9, but never associated the problem with that. Tomorrow I am going back to 9...apparently my husband changed his back last week. It's always something!
Anita Johnson
www.didyoubringyourcamera.blogspot.com

Ms. Becky said...

Hey friend
the side-lighting in the steaming bowl of mussels photo is awesome. that is a great shot. nice head of hair, yes. and I love Water Beads. oh that I could photograph water droplets. it's my latest obsession.
last Sat. I was in a class for 6 hours learning about my camera. It was very helpful, and I also got some validation too - no one else understood their cameras either! plus a rep from Nikon was there and he was a genius as far as I'm concerned. what a great guy to have around. he knew my camera from the inside out.
from reading comments and blogs around the net I'm getting that people are still having some troubles with commenting, etc. If I might make a suggestion - try changing to Mozilla Firefox. When I was taking a web design class that's one of the first things the instructor had us do and it has made a world of difference for me. I didn't upgrade to the most recent version though, I'm still operating with 3.5 or whatever. I didn't like the newest version but eventually I'll have to switch over. But I can't see ever going back to IE. just sayin'. But it's a subjective thing. have a great week Susan.

Sarah said...

Great photos. Love the last two.