Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today 284/365

Linking with Communal Global with my "today" from here in Maine. 





Today I am thankful for long days and sunshine.  This is my favorite time of year, based solely on  how long the days are.  We are just ahead of high tourist season and it's delightful after a long, cold, dreary, and seemingly endless winter to have this little window in paradise without having to share it with the mobs who will soon descend upon us-hopefully with large pocketbooks and wallets for the merchants in the area.

Last night I found myself saying out loud to no one, just myself  "Wow.  This is what we wait all year long for."  Glad I took the moment to stop and drink it in.

Late Afternoon
Late Afternoon


Near Beach
Near the Beach


Gone Fishin'
Gone Fishin' {284/365}


Nearly Summer
Nearly Summer

Those are my thoughts on today.  I hope your today is as delightful as mine.



13 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful! I especially like the near the beach photo and the gorgeous shot of the great tree by the meadow.

Mira said...

Hi Dorian, beautiful photos! Thank you for your lovely comments at my blogs. I enjoyed reading about your experience in Croatia.

Tamar SB said...

I agree! Usually I am partial to the early sunsets and warm cozy nights in winter but after the long winter we had this year I am enjoying the early summer nights!

Woody said...

The photos are beautiful. One thing to add to your favorites - the smells. Riding a motorcycle allows you to take in full range, including the honeysuckle, which are right around 'prime'.

Dyche Designs said...

Beautiful, especially love that last shot.

Kay L. Davies said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to keep all that beauty to yourself, even just once, without the influx of tourists? No, not forever, just signs saying "We want to enjoy our beautiful area ourselves this year"! ;o)
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anita Johnson said...

Susan, I had the same thought today...thank God it's summer! Love it!

Ms. Becky said...

I love your water photos. always. they have a quality about them, the manner in which you frame them and capture the light. it's a Susan look. the first photo could have been taken anywhere, even here in the Midwest. a soothing series of photos and they each have a flow about them. I hope the hoards don't descend until you've had some time to mentally prepare or skip town! have a great day my friend.

Diana...aka...MeMe said...

Your thoughts are delightful! Love the Nearly Summer! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots, Susan....it's beautiful here in the foothills, too.
Anonymous aka Carol B.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Wow is right. How beautiful! Wonderful moments of summer that you have captured! :)

lisa said...

This is my favorite time of year also Susan, and for the very same reason! I find that my mood is so much lighter with more hours of sunshine and warmth.

Your photographs here are just beautiful!

Jodi said...

Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. I was able to look through yours also - amazing photos!!! I'm just a beginner - you are an amazing photographer! Thank you for sharing!