Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today

Linking with the lovelies over at communal global for "today".  I love seeing the ordinary look so extraordinary in these shared images.  Take a peek. 





I don't often take "people" shots.  I love candid shots, but am not crazy about the posed ones.  Maybe later.  My mother and aunt asked me to take a shot of them for a little alumuni news article that's being written about them.  I took about 60....and number 57 was the only one that was really worthy-but I like it a lot.  My aunt has had a lot of health issues and it's nice to see her looking more like her regular self again.  Think these two sisters care about each other?  I do.

Sisters {sh41}
My mother and my aunt.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet, Susan. Now set up the tripod and get the three of you.

Woody said...

I'm not big on people photo either, but with graduations and weddings, it seems like that's all I'm taking these days. This is a very nice portrait.

Buckeroomama said...

I think you captured a beautiful moment between the sisters. Beautiful!

Laloofah said...

Nice! Your mom's lookin' good, Sue! (Did I ever meet your aunt? She looks mischievous and fun!) :-)

Jamie said...

I love this shot - one of those "moments in time"

Scrappy Grams said...

love sisterly friendship as well as relationship!

Tamar SB said...

I agree, I love candid shots and this one is just fabulous!

Ms. Becky said...

sisters, correct? the shared moment is beautiful. I love the back-lighting on your aunt's hair, and her reflection in the glass. those expressions are priceless. well done. very well done.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, yes, the caring shows in the portrait. This is wonderful.
Thanks to digital photography, you can take 60 shots and scrap most of them, especially if you wind up with a winner like this one.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

lisa said...

I do too. You can see it in their eyes!
I think this is a wonderful photograph Susan!

Mira said...

You’ve captured an intimate moment between sisters (I am assuming they are sisters?). I love their expressions and light. Regarding your comment at my blog on security issues after 9/11, I can understand it and I respect it but there is usually a sign that pictures in that area are forbidden. I hope you have a good day!
Mira

Phyllis said...

Hi Susan, This is a lovely photo of your Mom and Aunt. Love the way they are looking at each other. It reminds me of my mother and her sister and how close they are.

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

I prepare "stuff" over people, too. That's a lovely capture, tho!

JM said...

What a wonderful portrait!