Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Today

Linking with the lovelies at Communal Global for "today" from around the world.  Here's my today from beautiful summertime Maine. 




 
It's a mixed blessing that I woke up at 4:30 this morning.  Had it been winter I certainly would have rolled over, pulled the covers 'round my chin and tried to catch a few more hours of sleep. 
 
Because it's summer and first light was slanting through my blinds, I decided to get an early start to my day.  To enter the stillness before the human race propels energy into the day.  I NEEDED coffee, but skipped it in lieu of a quick chase.  Home by 6.
 
It's rather nice to have the world all to yourself...aside from the local cop parked at the beach on a cigarette break or the lobsterman setting out on his day.  There's a stillness that is not present much of the time.  Still.  Silent. Serene.
I guess I can sleep later.
 
Hope your today is beautiful wherever you are in the world.


Pink at Dawn
Pink at Dawn


Two Dories
Two Dories


White Flowers
White Flowers


Early
Early



16 comments:

helena said...

beautiful - the serenity radiates from these photos

Anita Johnson said...

I love the feeling of solitude these pictures give me. I have made the same choice you did this morning...the early dawn light and the opportunities for photos or a few more moments in bed. The light always wins with me too, in the summer.

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful shots - I especially love the pink at dawn shot.

em said...

These are beautiful! I love the second shot with the reflection in the water.

Scrappy Grams said...

love, love, love that first shot! Gosh, I wish I lived near water. have you heard that from me before? ha! oh, yes!

missing moments said...

Outstanding pictures of the two dories ... so jealous that this is your morning view!

kimmyskids said...

Very peaceful and beautiful. Kudos to you for taking advantage of the moment and not staying in bed!

Tezzie said...

4:30! Wow, that's early...obviously worth it, though, since you captured some amazingly serene images. Beautiful! (your white flower is gorgeous...and the 2 dories is awesome, too!)

urban muser said...

looks like it was worth getting up that early. you are making me miss my vacation in Maine last week!

Pieces of Sunshine said...

You must have felt well rewarded for rising early! Love the first two best.

Woody said...

I woke up about 30 minutes later, but I wasn't getting up to take beautiful photos; the 'two dories' composition is most excellent!

mindy said...

beautiful! I love the shot of the dories...particularly the reflection you caught.

Buckeroomama said...

Ooh, that first shot is definitely rolling out of bed at 4:30am for!

lisa said...

One of my favorite things to do is to get up well before everyone else does. It gives me time to think and plan, and to simply be alone with my thoughts. it always makes the day a better one.
I love your photographs here Susan!

Laloofah said...

Ah see, this is why I'm glad to be a morning person! Views like this. Well, not exactly like this, since I live in landlocked mountains instead of on the Maine coast, but you know what I mean. :-) Early morning is my favorite time of day.

Speaking of Maine, it was a year ago today (the 29th) that we met for dinner at the Green Elephant! Can you believe it? Let's see, that was 365 days and what, about 43,719 photos ago? :-)

The photo of the two dories is without question my favorite of this bunch. Maybe it should get an encore when you do your next Reflections post!

Ms. Becky said...

two Dories.