Pages

Followers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Together

Linking with Faith over at Simplicity for this week's photo challenge "together".


I love Faith's blog-and she has a snappy new look which I also think is great.  The last couple weeks I've missed out on her challenge either too busy or with blogger woes, so I'm getting my together photo linked up before I miss the window of opportunity again.  Thanks Faith.

I took this shot a few weeks ago on one of those first really nice spring days and have not yet had a chance to share it.  I caught this young couple at an outdoor coffee cafe during a melancholy moment.  I like how they both appear to be lost in thought.  I don't know if that's a good or bad sign for their relationship as their moods are rather a mystery.  I guess one can finish the tale in whatever way they'd like, but those intertwined fingers make me think things will be okay.


Melancholy Moment

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Touching (not a comment about what he's doing); just what I felt when I first scrolled down to your photo. :)
Carol B.

Rose said...

You really captured the sentiment in that photo. It does look melancholy, but tender also.

Woody said...

A thought provoking photo, indeed.

Faith said...

Thanks so much for your kinds words about my blog! :)

WOW - that is really powerful. I love this snapshot of strangers... makes you wonder what is going on. Sometimes it's nice to just be quiet together.

Kay L. Davies said...

A beautiful portrait of two young people sharing a moment of sadness.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ms. Becky said...

this one leaves me speechless, but no words are necessary. I want it.

Tiffany said...

Very cool shot...love it!

Tiffany

Crunchy Diva said...

i love people watching. what an interesting moment you captured.

Kamana said...

what a touching photo

Tezzie said...

What a gorgeous photo...there's such a wonderful feeling of 'quiet togetherness', you know, when two people are so comfortable with each other that they don't need to fill each moment with talking. Truly a lovely moment captured <3

Paula said...

Yes, you've captured something special here.

Clare B said...

This is such a great moment to have captured Susan. Very poignant. Great eyes (yours I mean)

justine said...

this is great, wonder what they were thinking? I agree, this really is a poignant shot

lisa said...

This is superb!!
You really caught this at the perfect time!