Pages

Followers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James from the other side of "the states" for Weekend Reflections.

Shortage of reflections for me this week.  Hmmmm.  That's unusual. 
I'm going to add in a couple from earlier in May that I didn't have opportunity to share.  Hmmmm.  Would I be more like Winnie the Pooh, with all this hmmmmmm, or more like Owl? 
Normally I'm like Tigger and lately find myself like Eeyore which is not so attractive.  Hmmmm.
I guess wondering too much can be dangerous sport.  Hmmmm.
Have a great weekend.


Wagons
Wagons
Carts and such left behind in Lowe's parking lot.


Playing with Bridges
Playing with Bridges
I can't seem to get enough of shooting the 3 bridges over the Piscatiqua River between Maine and New Hampshire.  They draw me in over and over again.  In the background is the bridge from Interstate 95 and the foreground bridge supports traffic from Route 1.



Alie Reflections
Alie Reflections
A "drive-by" shooting of a Portsmouth NH merchant's storefront.



Evening Swim
Evening Swim
A couple of evenings this week the light has been especially delicious and sweet.  Mr. Seagull couldn't agree more.



12 comments:

Clytie said...

Beautiful shots - especially the gull out for his evening swim. I also love the randomness of the shopping cart reflections - very unique and cool!

Anonymous said...

Great shots, Susan. Enjoy your weekend.
Google is only letting me sign in as Anonymous for some reason.
Carol B.

Woody said...

Nice collection, I like the storefront the best.

We have an almost identical bridge for I-95 between PA and NJ. The must have used the same design.

I've had a general lack of time for photography these last few weeks :-(

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful colors in the parking lot photos, and I always love your bridges (the reason I decided, just now, to follow your blog instead of waiting for Weekend Reflections) but I must say I love Mr. Seagull out for his evening swim.
I think letting myself get too much like Eeyore can be bad for my self-esteem. :o)
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

'Tsuki said...

A very nice set of reflection. I do like a lot the one with the wagons : I find it so post modern... Thanks for the inspiring sharing, once again...

Sylvia K said...

What a great variety of reflections! I love your "drive by shooting"! Hope you have a great weekend, Dorian Susan! Thanks as always for your visit/comment!

Sylvia

awarewriter said...

Archives work Susan. These are a nice series of images you put together.

Ms. Becky said...

there's something to love about each one. at first look I had an instant fave and then at second look it changed again. that's the thing about your photos - there's a depth to the view that amazes me and leaves me constantly asking myself "how does she do that?" love the shopping carts - it's got it going on. and Alie reflections is a new fave. I believe I could spot out your photos on a gallery wall. yes, I could. have a great weekend my friend.

Linda Makiej said...

really beautiful reflections!!!

Gine said...

Oh ! La première photo est parfaite pour moi. Comment voir du beau dans le quotidien ! Superbe !

Anonymous said...

I saw a great reflection the other day of a bunch of Harley Motorcycles...Guess who didn't have a camera...but I actually thought of you!
Anita
didyoubringyourcamera

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

Love the shopping carts reflected in the water, particularly the puddles
that cause them to become abstract!